The Assistant Cook will be working in the Café within the Theatre. The Café is open up to 7 days a week (depending on performances/events), and this role will include cooking and baking, alongside service for the incoming theatre audiences in the evenings and for matinees. Variable days/hours depending on business demands, which may include evenings and weekends by agreement.
The post holder will be responsible for preparing high quality food in our Café, maintaining a consistent, high level of customer service and the highest standards of hygiene and presentation at all times.
- To prepare, bake/cook and serve a range of dishes including homemade cakes, soups and light meals.
- Daily operation of the Café in line with procedures ensuring a high standard of presentation at all times.
- To support the Catering Manager to plan menus and aid service during special events, e.g. press night and functions.
- Maintaining a pleasant, positive and approachable presence within the venue at all times.
- To maintain high levels of communication with regard to all catering issues.
- High standard of product knowledge and promotions.
- Maintaining an efficient and effective service ensuring the development of customer rapport, and providing customers with general information about the theatre when necessary.
- Cash handling and transaction processes including reconciliation and float management.
- To have full knowledge and understanding of allergen and dietary information for all products sold on site.
- To have a clear knowledge of and adhere to all Licencing, Food Hygiene, and Health and Safety regulations.
- To ensure that all Licensing, Due Diligence and Environmental Health regulations and operating procedures are followed and adhered to, temperature records taken for refrigerators, stock rotated, dated and labelled.
Qualifications and experience
NVQ Level 2 in Food Preparation and Cookery (or equivalent) and Level 2 Certificate in Food Hygiene are required, alongside experience in cooking professionally.
For an informal chat about the role please contact the Catering Manager on 01332 593885.
For full details and to apply, please click apply