Electronics Production Technician
AW Technology specialises in providing technology to the fire detection and alarm industry worldwide. This includes R&D for clients and supplying specialist test equipment. We are looking for an electronics production technician to join our small professional team. The role mainly involves aspects of the test equipment production including: procurement, assembly, testing, fault finding and improving the design. There will also be the opportunity to contribute to R&D projects.
We are looking to recruit on a permanent basis with a competitive salary, subject to a 6 month assessment period.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Production activities including: testing, calibration, performance tuning, fault finding, cabinet wiring, cable assemblies and PCB assembly,.
- Procurement of components, and of sub-assembles from sub-contractors.
- Organisation and control of stock.
- Supervision of trainee technician.
- Opportunity to suggest and implement improvements to the test equipment design to reduce costs and improve performance.
- Maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment.
- Contribution to R&D projects including: design and build of one-off test equipment and testing prototypes.
The successful candidate must have:
- Experience as an Electronics Technician
- HND/HNC in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
- Ability to assemble, test and fault-find electronic circuits (including smt solder/rework).
- Ability to read schematics and PCB plots
- The ability to read and understand technical drawings, datasheets, and written work instructions
- Experience using test electronic test equipment
- Experience and be able to use hand tools and small power tools
- Have solid computer & typing skills and be able to use Microsoft Windows, Internet Explorer, Excel, & Word
- Work experience in an ISO certified quality environment an advantage.
- Good verbal and written communications skills
We are also looking for someone with a helpful attitude, a flexible approach to work, and good at working within a small team.