Personal Assistant – £9:32 per hour
• Support family with every day needs
• Give medication
• Support when out in the community to enable to participate in clubs, days out etc.
• Personal Care
• Liaising with professionals
• Supporting children to and from school when required
• Is willing to be trained in lifting and handing
• Is willing to be trained in doing Physio/Hydrotherapy
• Is willing to be trained in giving medication and ACE
• Has a driving license and is willing to drive a Vauxhall Vivro wheelchair adapted vehicle.
• Domestic duties including ironing
I am looking for a Team of people who can work within a family environment to support them with their four children who have varying Medical, Physical, Learning, and Emotional needs. The candidate must be able to see beyond a person disability and want to enable the children to have a happy, positive and fun life. We are looking for a patient, fun, enthusiastic individual who can adapt to different environments and needs of the children, as well as bringing their own skills to assist the family. They must like animals, music, swimming and have lots and lots of patience.
Essential to be able to communicate effectively with other people they are working with and with the family, to insure a smooth running of the house hold. They also must be able to use their own initiative and be able to work on their own, as well as working in a team. It is Essential that they are willing to do training so they can meet the needs of the children.
Hours are varied and there are full/part time as well as a causal post, hours are normally done on a monthly Rota – during school term a lot of the hours are early morning starts, assisting the eldest boy to get ready for school and taking him in a private taxi to school. Then there will be a shift starting at 2:45 pm until 9pm late to bring him home and assist with going to activities and personal care etc. Weekend shifts are normally given out on a shared basis between the staff and during the school holidays the hours will be throughout the day and evening. These are varied and of course depending on number of hours working.