Senior Support Worker
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Senior Support Worker in the Croydon area to manage our client’s support team at home to a high standard and to undertake the clinical responsibility of the staff team.
Please note this is not a basic care/support role. The role will initially involve travelling and staying for 2-3 days/nights a week in Colchester (travel and accommodation paid) to support the client in his step-down facility, alongside the staff already there and to oversee his transition into his own home, in the Surrey area, hopefully in Spring 2018.
Our client is a 57-year-old man who has an Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) and underlying mental health issues. He requires support to transfer into a community setting following several years in a hospitalised setting following brain injury. He will require 1-1 support 24hours a day, 7 days a week. You will need to support the case manager in moving our client to the Coulsdon/Croydon area, in spring 2018.
What are the responsibilities of a Senior Support Worker?
- Manage our client’s support team at home to a high standard.
- Manage the environment as well as facilitate treating team recommendations and strategies.
- Staff management including staff rotas.
- Maintaining therapy routines.
- Providing an active and varied programme of activities both within and outside his home.
What experience is required?
- At least 1-year previous management experience is required as is degree level qualification, preferably with a Mental Health nursing background.
- Experience in risk assessments, care plans, supervisions and the appraisal process are essential.
- Knowledge and experience of brain injury is vital as is flexibility and a positive attitude to rehabilitation.
- You need to have a good command of the English Language as our client has communication difficulties.
Please note that a clean driving licence, successful DBS Disclosure and referencing is required.
What are the benefits?
- Competitive Salary – dependent on experience and qualifications.
- Full time contract and On Call responsibilities.
- Flexibility needed for weekdays, evenings, weekends and sleep overs will apply.
- 4 week rolling rota maintained.
- Work place pension.
- Statutory annual leave entitlement.
So, if you are a positive, reliable individual and you are interested in becoming a Senior Support Worker then please click on “Apply.”