We are looking for an experienced Designer to join our team of Creative Designers and help shape how the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) communicate with our customers. The DVLA is an executive agency of the Department for Transport and is responsible for keeping accurate records of more than 37 million vehicles and around 46 million drivers in the country. Our vision is to provide simpler, better services. Join us at this exciting and challenging time and you will work closely with creative leads and work as part of a team of designers to develop and deliver the creative content for DVLA communication campaigns.
We will look for you to deliver creative products, ideas and concepts across communications, business and projects, as part of our creative services team. We are looking for you to bring strong design skills to this role with the ability to coach and mentor junior designers.
Key Role responsibilities
• Design new, and undertake amendments of, existing Agency and other departmental products. Design across channels defined by your specialism(s) having the final responsibility to ensure that all products delivered meet agreed quality standards and quality control checks.
• Work effectively with colleagues, taking the lead to develop the brief where necessary. Be responsible for the delivery of products that accurately reflect the brief, are fit for purpose, meet dependencies (such as print times) and that are delivered within agreed timescales, prioritising as required.
• Manage multiple projects, allocating and prioritising resources as appropriate, managing design briefs and customer expectations.
• Assist in the creation of design standards and templates across the agency.
• Identify, use and enforce the use of brand guidelines and templates adhering to accessibility standards where necessary.
• Keep the workflow tool up to date, adding tasks and logging time and cost spent on each project to support the collation of management information and client invoicing.
• Responsible for the delivery of imagery, concepts and final products imparting knowledge of the role and specialism(s) to help alleviate any single point of failure.
• Schedule/attend meetings to understand business needs, gather information and offer creative advice to support/develop the design brief. Present finalised ideas and concepts to customers, explaining clearly and confidently how the creative work meets the brief and aligns to agency, project or communication strategy.
• Stay up to date with current practices, technology and design trends and reflect this in work delivered. Identify development opportunities within the Creative Services Team.
You will be highly creative with relevant working experience; this should include a proven background in design. We want you to have a strong passion for design and communications with the ability to instil this passion in others. You will bring strong attention to detail and a passion to make sure quality control procedures and frameworks are adhered to.
Skills & Experiences
• Degree in graphic design or similar related subject or relevant work experience
• Experience of using Industry standard software, Adobe Creative Cloud
• Strong layout and typography skills with strong attention to detail
• Design for print experience, including pre-press activities
• Passion for the creative industry, subject matter expert
• The ability to manage and prioritise workloads to maximise productivity
• Considered, assertive and influential; ability to work well as part of a team
• Good collaboration, stakeholder and relationship management skills
• You will have strong communication and presentation skills
Civil Service pension schemes may be available for successful candidates.
Find out more about the benefits of working for us.
Things you need to know
Successful candidates must pass basic security checks .
Candidates will be subject to UK immigration requirements as well as Civil Service nationality rules .
If you're applying for a role requiring security clearance please be aware that foreign or dual nationality is not an automatic bar. However certain posts may have restrictions which could affect those who do not have sole British nationality or who have personal connections with certain countries outside the UK.
Selection process details
Successful candidates for interview will also be required to bring their portfolio of work to present to the panel.
For your CV and personal statement please provide detailed evidence of how you meet the requirements of the role using the job profile and job advert as a guide for your response
Please note that any part of the Job Profile could be tested at sift/interview.
If invited to interview, this may consist of a range of question types. These could include questions about your strengths or how you would respond in any particular situation as well as specific examples of things you have done.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
Open to UK, Commonwealth and European Economic Area (EEA) and certain non EEA nationals. Further information on whether you are able to apply is available here .
Candidates in their probationary period are eligible to apply for vacancies within this department.
Working for the Civil Service
The Civil Service Code sets out the standards of behaviour expected of civil servants.
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission's recruitment principles .
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. There is a guaranteed interview scheme (GIS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.