PROJECT COORDINATOR & ADMINISTRATOR
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Classic British Hotels at their Woking head office from January 2018 as a Project Coordinator & Administrator reporting to the Commercial Director, who oversees all aspects of Marketing and eDistribution Systems in the company. It offers an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic person to grow and develop in a fast-paced working environment.
Our Company Overview
Classic British Hotels is an inspiring and established brand of over 70 mainly 4-star luxury independent hotels, located throughout the UK. Many have state of the art conference and events facilities, luxury spas, championship golf courses, food awards for fine cuisine and of course their own unique styles and local flavours. ClassicBritishHotels.com
The company is recognised as one of the UK’s most exciting, progressive and innovative organisations for quality independent hotels. The strong central management team with their extensive industry experience, gives hotels the quality standard, the clout, expertise, marketing, sales and innovative technology solutions, to compete with the global and national hotel brands.
We are looking for a bright individual, who has either excellent ‘A levels/highers’ or a degree, but with lots of common-sense and initiative.
The Person we want on our Team
More important than experience for this role is your aptitude. We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and self-driven individual with a positive attitude and a willingness & ability to learn fast. You must be numerate and literate, and speak and write fluent English. You will have excellent attention to detail and a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office packages. Other qualities that are essential for the role are:
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Well-organised and able to work in a structured way
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively under pressure independently and as part of a busy team and use own initiative
- Discretion and trustworthiness: you will often be party to confidential information
- Tact and diplomacy
To be considered for this position, your knowledge and adeptness in the following will be of great benefit:
- Confident and professional, with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Prepared to give support to other team members and capable of conversing effectively with hotels, business partners, suppliers, agencies and consumers.
- Good organisational skills as well as plenty of initiative to support, coordinate and problem solve when the need arises to ensure deadlines are met on a variety of projects and to communicate findings logically to the team.
- General computer literacy with a good knowledge of Microsoft office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.) and the ability to learn company-specific marketing software.
- Results Driven and Always committed to delivering first-rate levels of service.
Coordinating Projects for the Leadership Team, and acting as Personal Assistant to the Commercial Director.
Works with team members and keeps up to date on all aspects of a project to ensure that assigned duties are being met and that each project is on track for completion in an orderly and timely manner.
- To be the key support and go to person for any queries the team may have on the status of a project
- Responsible for the coordination of the day to day activities of the Projects.
- Regular progress reports for the team and communicate project status to all participants.
- Liaising with accounts on fees payable where applicable.
To enable the Commercial Director to focus more on new business development, this role will provide support by taking on much of the day-to-day administrative tasks and hotel communications.
- Acting as a first point of contact; dealing with correspondence and phone calls; managing diaries; organising meetings & appointments; controlling access to the Commercial Director.
- Reminding the Commercial Director of important tasks and deadlines; compiling and preparing reports & presentations.
- Acting as a go-between with hotels on communications, support and training, and other miscellaneous tasks as required.
Candidates must have a full UK driving license and live within an hour’s drive of our offices in Woking, Surrey. Only non-smokers to apply.
If you feel you have the right educational background, aptitude and drive to make a difference, and would like to join a team of like-minded individuals, please click on ‘APPLY NOW’ to send your CV and Cover Letter. If you wish to speak to us first before applying, please contact Len Louis on 07960 793603 or email firstname.lastname@example.org