Job Description for Tenby Surgery
Contact: Helen Roberts
Job Title: Practice Manager
Salary & Benefits: £35,000-£45,000 per annum (dependant on experience) + access to the NHS Pensions Scheme. 25 days holiday per annum and statutory bank holidays, rising after 5 and 10 years to a maximum of 30 days.
Working Hours: 37 hours per week Monday – Friday
The Practice: A semi-rural purpose built surgery, serving the seaside town of Tenby with a list size of just over 8,000 patients. We have a high proportion of elderly patients and throughout the year see a large number of temporary residents. We have a full-time partner, plus a whole time equivalent salaried GP/Locum GP, three Advanced Nurse Practitioner, all of whom are independent prescribers, one Paramedic Practitioner and a practice based Pharmacist. We are part of the South Pembs cluster.
The Role: The role of the Practice Manager in Tenby is to act as the lynchpin to the whole practice both in bringing together the clinical and administrative teams to develop and face the challenges that general practice now poses, but to act as the glue that holds the team together.
With the retirement of the current Practice Manager, the practice is seeking an individual to drive the team forward through the challenges that lie ahead.
Key Responsibilities for the Practice Manager to include: -
- An ability to communicate and motivate at all levels
- To lead the whole practice team by example
- The ability to develop ideas and create plans; to execute and carry through change
- An aptitude for financial management and profit maximisation
- The ability to plan and use financial and human resources effectively for the benefit of the practice
- The ability to act as a representative for the practice and to negotiate with the Local Health Board and other third parties
- An understanding of employment legislation and how to enact this.
The Candidate: The ideal Practice Manager will have previous financial and people management experience with a good understanding of HR and employment law. You will be a confident leader but not brusque, you will be an excellent communicator, but have a sympathetic ear. You will show compassion when appropriate and above all you will have integrity. An ability to delegate tasks and organise your own workload are imperative to this role.
Key qualities essential for the role:
- A good sense of humour
- Calm under pressure
- Committed to delivering excellent service and care
- Commitment to the team
Please send your CV along with a covering letter - click apply for details