Assistant Stores Operative / Administrator
Job Title: Assistant Stores Operative / Administrator
Salary: £16k per annum
Job type: Permanent, Full time
Based in Stafford, the company is a successful and expanding specialist operated rail plant hire business, providing a modern fleet of innovative road/rail machinery throughout the UK.
They supply directly to both Network Rail and the major infrastructure contractors.
Due to the company's growth they are recruiting for an Assistant Stores Operative / Administrator to assist their current Stores team. No previous experience or formal qualifications are required; however, basic English, Maths and IT would be beneficial along with good communication and teamwork skills.
Training will be provided and a desire to work hard and learn are a must.
- Process orders and liaise with suppliers for goods and supplies in a timely polite manner
- Make sure that deliveries and returns of goods and supplies are dealt with in a prompt manner
- Check inwards goods and supplies for damage or missing items against delivery notes
- Storing inwards goods in correct place within stores
- Maintaining stock levels to prevent shortages, resolving shortage issues if at all possible and records of stock
- Liaise with suppliers, fellow colleagues and others as necessary
- Resolve store enquiries in a timely polite manner
- Produce ad hoc reports whenever requested
- Ensure that goods and supplies are stored in a safe and secure manner at all times
- Keep paperwork up to date
- Maintain store areas in a safe, clean and tidy condition to ensure high standards of housekeeping
- Complete record sheets and paperwork accurately and in a timely fashion
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Please note that applicants must be local to Stafford.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Stores Operative, Storesperson, Warehouse Coordinator, Warehouse Supervisor, Goods Inwards Operative, Process Operative, Goods Outwards Operative, Supply Chain Operative, Warehouse Worker, Storeman, Stock Controller, Store Maintenance, Warehouse Operative will also be considered for this role.