Based in Scunthorpe
* To manage the completion and accuracy of Own Label Product Specifications and Quality Attribute Sheets (QAS) for Heritage Own Label Food and Non-Food items once they have gone through the Development process by liaison with suppliers.
* To oversee and co-ordinate the completion of Supplier Self-Assessment Questionnaires (SSAQs) for new and existing suppliers using online Teknispex website, to enable us to demonstrate Due Diligence with respect to its Own Label supplier selection.
* Assess SSAQs as they are submitted, and provide status report to Head of Technical
Reports to: Head of Technical
* A strong understanding of technical specification writing for food and non-food items.
* Extensive knowledge of labelling regulations and how specifications should be written
* Extensive experience of manufacturing sites and processes
* Experience of working with one or more retailer Specification systems.
* Ability to work well with Suppliers
* To be responsible for ensuring our Heritage Own Label Specifications are complete, up to date and are an accurate reflection of the products we sell
* To ensure that our Supplier Self-Assessment Questionnaires are kept up to date in conjunction with the Technical Office Co-ordinator.
* The position is office based with no requirement for travel outside of the office environment
* Good standard of education, ideally to HND/HNC or equivalent in a food related discipline
* Previous experience within a similar role would be advantageous.
* Strong numeracy and literacy.
* IT literate - competent in word, and excel and working with on line specification systems
* Strong understanding of technical specification writing.
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Excellent communication skills - written, verbal.
* Ability to work on own initiative, but also excellent team player.
Please click 'Apply now' to send your CV and current salary details.