Bilingual Family Support Worker
Umbrella Derby and Derbyshire Supporting disabled children, young adults and their families Position: Bilingual Family Support Worker Contract: 16 hours a week, fixed until October 31st 2021.
Scale 22 £10.22 per hour within scales 22-27 Job ref: BIAFS17 Thanks to Big Lottery funding, we have an exciting opportunity for a Bilingual Family Support Worker to join our Information, Advice and Family Support Team.
The purpose of the job is to develop and maintain a high quality information, advice and family support service and to support a diverse group of parents/carers. Supporting and signing posting parents/carers/professionals /volunteers and working within the community at support groups and family events (full details of the position can be found on the attached job description).
Based in Derby, this post is an essential car user posts
Comprehensive induction will be provided.
For all roles, candidates must have
- Experience of working with parents/carers and/or young adults with disabilities or additional needs.
- Knowledge of services for families within Derby City and Derbyshire.
- Excellent communication and speaking skills
- Ability to speak Punjabi/Urdu
- An eager attitude towards helping others and an outgoing friendly personality.
Closing Date Monday 4th December at 9am.
Applications can be found our website www.umbrella.uk.net/vacancies or posted to Umbrella House, 64 Birdcage Walk, Mackworth, Derby DE22 4LD for the attention of the General Manager