An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Buying Assistant to join a leading UK retailer in the Midlands.
As the Buying Assistant, you will be responsible for:
- Promotional Management - Managing the full promotional calendar
- Coordinating promotions, including liaison with Suppliers, to deliver profitable promotions.
- Responsible for loading and maintaining all promotions in the internal system.
- Completing relevant spread sheets within an agreed timeframe.
- Liaising with other departments to ensure all promotions are delivered efficiently.
- Creating and maintaining reports & analysing sales information.
- Supporting the Trading Team with any other needs of the function.
Essential skills for the Buying Assistant are;
- IT literate including excel skills, must be confident in using and maintaining spread sheets.
- Good level of numerical and analytical skills with a keen eye for detail.
- Good communication and time management skills
We are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join a successful buying team as Buying Assistant. Previous experience of working within a retail-buying environment is desirable but not essential. Applications will be considered from those who are keen to build a career in buying. Excellent PC skills, including Word and Excel are essential.
The successful Buying Assistant candidate will be analytical and organised with strong literacy and numerical skills.
This Buying Assistant position is an excellent opportunity to work for a forward thinking organisation