MRP data entry clerk/planner
We are a supplier of medical devices with a rapidly growing business,and we use a subcontracted manufacturing and packer supply base to achieve this. In order to cope with this we are extending our current ERP system to cope with production planning, stock control, and purchasing. To help us with this, we have an immediate need for an experienced MRP user to assist in the data transfer from our existing manual systems into the new one. It's anticipated that this will take around 4 months so we are offering initially a minimum 4 month contract to cover the following duties:
- Transfer data from current systems into Sage ERP system (initially Operations data but could be used in other areas)
- Provide guidance in the configuration of the ERP system for Operations and the interface with Finance
- Participate in the trials of the system in the test environment
If this is successful it's anticipated that the candidate would move onto a permanent contract with the following duties:
- Planning production schedule against a contract packer or manufacturer
- Stock control between locations
- Procurement and purchasing of key components
- MRP operation experience
- MRP configuration and data entry experience
- Literate in MS Office
- Sage 200 ERP experience
- Purchasing or planning using an ERP system
Hours of work
- Full time preferred.This is 37.5 hours on a 5 day or 4.5 day pattern
- As a family friendly company, we will consider fewer hours down to a minimum of 25, or 37.5hours in a flexible pattern so long as at least 4 hours lies in the core Cyden working hours. In the case of reduced hours, the salary will obviously be paid on a pro rata basis
Working environment and benefits
We are a small but friendly operations team working in an attractive area of Swansea. Communications lines are short, and although we are easy going and supportive, it's a dynamic working environment, and we are focussed on achieving tangible results and improvements in a short timescale as our business continues its explosive growth.
Benefits on permanent contract include free parking space and an attractive pension.
Fixed term of 4 months, with strong possibility to become permanent.
Desired start date