Field Service Engineer / Network Engineer / Controls Engineer
Job Title: Field Service Engineer
Location: Nottingham (UK wide travel as key part of the role)
Salary: Up to £28,000 for permanent full time dependent on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Contract or Permanent
Our Client provides software applications and consultancy services to data centres across the UK. EkkoSoft, is a web based SaaS platform for the monitoring, management and analytics of environmental and mechanical & electrical data. The software helps customers realise energy savings, capacity release or risk reduction benefits across their installed network.
The Controls Engineer will be a key aspect of our Client's delivery team and support teams. The Controls Engineer will look to survey and specify, support, carry out small works installations, remotely and onsite configure networks and commission of all company installations/software as required by clients and partners. The role requires onsite network configuration and the ability to travel UK wide is essential.
Working closely with the client project manager to undertake a number of client focused activities including:
- Site surveys and documentation: to include equipment list, scope of works & estimated installation requirements/cost
- Offsite commissioning: to include access to the company software to verify all communicating as expected and as installed.
- Onsite commissioning: to include attendance at site post installation, reports on installation success/failures, faultfinding and rectification where possible. Rectify problems with company installations as required: signal issues, failed log-ins, installation errors
- Attendance at key meetings for technical support
- Installation: to include opportunities for improvements in kit, software and support from the company where possible.
- Communications/integration methods.
- Online and telephone technical support assistance where required
- Documentation based on findings (successes, failures and issues identified from all roles) for the company team knowledge share platform
- Knowledge of electrical wiring and controls
- Experience with configuration & commissioning of basic IT networks
- Experience with administration of software applications (adding new users, configuring accounts, changing access settings)
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
- Excellent inter personal skills and able to effectively communicate (verbal & written) with colleagues and customers
- Able to work as part of a small team but also on own initiative, think independently and make decisions
- A full UK driving licence & willingness to regularly work in all parts of the UK.
- Experience with XML/JSON
- Knowledge of industrial communication protocols such as Modbus/BACnet/SNMP
- Knowledge of HVAC and Air Conditioning Systems
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Controls Engineer, Electrical Controls Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Electrical Controls Technician, Electrical Technician, Controls Service Technician, Network Engineer, Applications Engineer, Integration Engineer may also be considered for this role.