Test Support Technician/Engineer
Test Support Technician/Engineer – Derby, England
A World of Opportunity
The pre-eminent supplier of turnkey test facilities and test systems for the aviation, industrial, and marine gas turbine engine community are now looking to make an addition of a Test Support Technician/Engineer to their world-class team.
They are looking for an exceptional Test Support Technician/Engineer for the UK Engineering Support Office located in Derby, England who will join the company to deliver highly innovative Gas Turbine Engine Solutions to our customers around the globe.
The company values their team members and their continued contribution to everything they do — this is why they are successful, and it is why their team members are successful.
As a Test Support Technician/Engineer your duties will include the following:
General Responsibilities for the role of Test Support Technician/Engineer
- Handle the day-to-day requirements of the customer with respect to the supplied system, track ongoing problems and provide feedback to the customer and design authorities
- Perform system troubleshooting for software at the application level and hardware to assembly level
- Perform required system hardware maintenance; and perform system calibration
- Coordinate/Manage sub-contractors for the provision of third party services
- Ensure traceability of the hardware inventory and hardware configuration control
- Provide feedback to the hardware and software design departments regarding features of current and proposed systems
- Continually monitor the support process and suggest / implement improvements wherever possible
- Maintain and manage critical spares for all system hardware
- Comply with company procedures and HSE practices
- Suggest preventative actions, create workarounds and provide solutions to system problems
Education and Qualifications
- University degree in Engineering or equivalent hands-on experience
- Strong knowledge of: instrumentation and measurement systems, measurement principles (pressure, temperature, flow, vibration measurement, analogue and digital I/O), communication protocols & interfaces, (TCP/IP, RS232, RS485, etc.)
- Practical wiring skills
- Experience of Engine Test and Data Acquisition Systems will be considered an asset
- Advanced MS Excel user
- Strong interpersonal, verbal communication and documentation skills required
Eligibility & Background Checks
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates who meet or exceed our requirements, are legally eligible to work in the United Kingdom and do not require sponsorship will be contacted.
Also, due to the nature of the work, employment will be subject to successful completion of the following clearance levels:
- Right to work – verification of nationality, ID documentation and immigration status
- Identity –ID data
- Criminal records – self declared and search for ‘unspent’ convictions (Basic Disclosure)
- Employment check – confirmation of five (5) years (min.) employment history / qualifications
About the Company
"For more than 30 years, we have been the unequivocal global leader in Gas Turbine Engine Solutions—iour clients spanning the world’s most elite companies including Pratt & Whitney, Rolls-Royce, Air France, Solar Turbines, MTU, and Siemens. Specialising in the provision of aviation and industrial / marine solutions for the world’s top companies, we deliver customised, turnkey Gas Turbine Engine test facilities, becoming a prime partner to our clients.
Our evolving in-depth expertise paired with a collaborative approach delivers a comprehensive and perfectly custom-engineered solution that fits our client's exact needs both today and in the future. From building the world’s most advanced, one-of-a-kind gas turbine engine test facilities—with projects in more than 20 countries—to being at the forefront of research and development, we continually drive innovation. Our Engineering Division works with national governments and universities to innovate and spearhead the industry in new and leading-edge testing technologies."
Our Values mean everything to us and to our Customers
Our values drive everything we do—after all, it’s our behaviours and our resulting actions that work to foster the most positive and productive environment for our employees, our partners, and our customers. For those who wish to join our team, they must embrace the company's values of Communication, Passion, Accountability, Teamwork, Care, and Respect—a world of opportunity awaits.
Candidates who would like to become part of the team are invited to submit their resume using the link provided.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, colour, mental or physical disability, religion, sex, or national origin or ethnic origin.