Residential Youth Worker
***£158 per full day with a sleep-in***
***We can have you out to work within two weeks, sooner if you have a portable DBS***
Due to a significant increase in business, we have exciting opportunities for 5 residential youth workers to join our successful team.
You will work as part of a team providing full care and support to children and young people with emotional and behavioural difficulties (EBD) and associated challenging behaviour, in residential settings. Day-to-day activities are varied and some of our care providers use the outdoors as a medium for healing and activities can include camping, hiking, cycling etc.
Shift patterns include blocks of 2- 4 full days, with sleep in’s and weekends on a rota system. We also have waking night shifts available.
Ideal candidates will meet the following criteria:
- NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent) in Children & Young People (or be willing to work towards)
- Commitment to working with looked after children and young people
- Experience in a similar support worker / childcare related position which we can verify with references
- Due to the nature of this role, a full UK driving licence is required
- Must be willing to travel for up to an hour, on occassion
- Due to Ofsted guidelines, applicants must be over 21 years of age due to the age range of the young people you will be working with
Applications will be subject to full safer recruitment checks, including DBS check. Portable, enhanced DBS checks are accepted.
If you are interested in this position, please apply without delay by submitting your CV via this job board. You can call 0151 922 9925 for more information.