Deputy Food and Beverage Manager
Nottingham Trent Students’ Union (NTSU) is a high performing and ambitious organisation, pioneering in its use of digital to drive insight, optimise organisational performance and to enable effective representation, democracy and communication. It was named Higher Education Students’ Union of the Year in 2015 by NUS and has seen rapid improvement in its NSS Q23 student satisfaction score, which is reflected in our position as a top 10 students’ union in the UK. The union is spread across three campuses and its facilities include a purpose built City Centre Students’ Union building.
The role of the Deputy Food and Beverage Manager is varied, exciting and fast paced. You'll be managing the Bars and deputising in the overall management of the Food and Beverage departments. Some of the duties of the role include:
- Providing and championing high quality food and beverage services, whilst monitoring the performance of our venues
- Managing an effective operational team ensuring a positive attitude and culture and identifying and providing training and support where needed
- Ensuring customer safety and food hygiene standards
- Assisting with the planning, organisation and supervision of security and door supervision, promoting best practice and cost control
- Effective implementation of policies and procedures to ensure integrity of financial systems including the training of staff, monitoring their use of tills, maintenance of safe floats including making regular checks and where necessary taking action to minimise discrepancies and errors.
- Facilitation of stocktakes and other audit compliance in own areas and assisting proactively in other areas advising of relevant action as necessary
Our ideal candidate will have experience managing a busy bar or venue as well as a large team of staff, delivering high standards of customer service, managing and implementing effective stocktaking procedures, monitoring KPI's and assisting with and working to budgets. If you have the ability to work well under pressure, focus on customer satisfaction and see 'the bigger picture' we want to hear from you. The closing date for this role is 17th November 2017 at 2pm. For full information and our application form, please visit our website.