Business Development Manager
An exciting and challenging role that will draw on both your technical and client servicing skills in a fast-moving Apprenticeship and Skills sales environment.
The successful Business Development Manager will have a background in apprenticeship sales, recruitment and knowledge required to establish an apprenticeship sales division.
You'll be professional, comfortable engaging at all levels often in busy organisations to promote apprenticeships and work experience as a worthwhile return on investment.
This forms a guide to the main duties of the post. It will be regularly reviewed by the Head of Operations to meet operational needs and may be amended if this is deemed necessary in line with the requirements and needs of the business.
The post holder will undertake assigned duties and responsibilities effectively and efficiently, ensuring that all actions are discharged within the regulatory and legislative requirements to which Ashley Hunter Training Academy is subject and:
• with full regard to the safeguarding, equality and diversity, bullying and harassment and health, safety and wellbeing requirements
• in the spirit of the vision and mission and strategic objectives
• to achieve individual objectives assigned through periodic planning and the PMR processes
• within approved expenses policy
• subject to policies and procedures
• Build strong relationships in order to grow the current client base of employers
• Provide expertise and insight for employers of the benefits of taking on an apprentice
• Achieve targets of numbers of apprentices taken on by businesses
• Identify and develop opportunities to grow the learner numbers which will enhance operational performance and company profitability
• Operate as an interface and point of escalation for key customer relationships to ensure positive relationships and partnerships
• Define the apprenticeship ‘offer’ to employers and learners, in conjunction with the operational delivery team
• To manage and support the existing and new customer base, from the initial contact, through to securing client agreement to commence training, monitoring successful customer management.
• To maintain appropriate records and files, whether in physical or electronic format, and ensure that appropriate systems are updated in a timely manner and in line with Ashley Hunters data protection policy.
• To represent Ashley Hunter Training Academy at external events, or employer networking events to promote the company where required.
• To grow and develop employer relations in order to increase learner participation for Apprenticeships within the Health and Social Care Sector.
• Identify and engage with employers within the Health and Social Care Sector.
• Advise and engage with employers on the new Levy and Co-investment funding models.
• Engage with businesses/decision makers to identify training needs, secure new/repeat business and promote Ashley Hunter as the Training Provider of choice.
• Keep up to date with competitor’s strengths and weaknesses, evaluating the market and scoping out new opportunities
• Work with senior management in order to meet your target and growth plan for the business.
• Report sales data and forecasts on a regular basis
Essential Skills and Competencies of Business Development Manager:
• Knowledge on Apprenticeship Levy / Co-investment funding.
• Knowledge and experience in the Apprenticeship sector.
• Knowledge of the Health and Social Care Sector.
• Proven track record in building partnerships with businesses to place apprentices.
• Ability to consistently meet targets set by management.
• Proven track record of successful business development within the training industry
• Significant experience in a similar role, including developing sales leads and customer relationships
• Excellent communication, networking, interpersonal and presentation skills
• Be able to provide effective IAG to both learners and employers
• Proven ability to mange self and team
• To work at the highest level of integrity
• Experience of working in fast moving Sales & Recruitment role within the learning and skills sector.
• Understanding the importance of the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) as it relates to the funding rules associated with apprenticeship provision.
• Proven experience of negotiating / winning / closing new business
• Excellent communication skills – presentation, written and verbal
• Exceptional sales, marketing and networking skills
• Time management and organisational skill
• Full, clean driving license and use of a vehicle
• Sales and marketing experience
• Partnership working experience
• Experience of delivering against targets
Salary: £21k - £23k pa + commission DoE
Please apply online for this Business Development Manager role with your CV and covering letter.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.