Refrigeration Design Engineer/Project Engineer
Refrigeration Design Engineer / Project Engineer
Reports to: Design Director
Hours of work: 37 hours per week - Monday - Friday. Your hours will generally be between 9 - 5, Monday to Friday, with a one-hour unpaid lunch break.
Salary: £30,000 - £50,000 plus car/allowance
Department: Design Department
We are one of the most dynamic refrigeration, heating, ventilation and air conditioning service providers in Europe. We are proud to offer innovative products and services, and market-leading refrigeration technology, for which we have received awards and industry accreditations.
We offer all our employees 25 days holiday, after a qualifying period, plus bank holidays. Our extensive benefits package includes; Private Medical Insurance, Income Protection Insurance, Life cover - 2x salary, Childcare Vouchers, Discount scheme - including Gyms, Employee Assistance Programme, Introducers Bonus Scheme and an excellent pension scheme.
Main Purpose and Scope of the job
Working within a multi-disciplined design department you will co-ordinate with both the internal and external teams to help deliver and support retail and commercial refrigeration systems for clients within the food retail and processing industry.
This will include;
* Site surveys and inspections of installations to include the provision of detailed scopes of works for presentation to the client.
* Design of variable load systems operating on HFC, HFC/HFO Blends and Natural refrigerants, with differing technologies dependent on client's specifications.
* Understanding the requirements of installations and providing designs that meet the client's business needs in cooperation with project teams.
* Full documentation of design and co-ordination with CAD and Admin teams to provide working drawings and final site manuals.
* Equipment selections to include plant, evaporators, display cases, interconnecting pipe-work, communication networks and leak detection.
* Technical support, guidance and training within company, contractor and Client base.
* Represent the company attending meetings and taking part in technical discussions and site reviews, with contractors, suppliers and clients.
* The site reviews / audits will be carried out on installations carried out by us and / or other Contractors, requiring documented reviews and discussions.
* The desk top reviews / audits will be carried out on installations carried out by us and / or other Contractors, requiring documented reviews and discussions.
* Producing and assisting with specifications and technical issues.
* The ability to identify engineering problems and ensure solutions are provided, together with the ability to evaluate, organise and prioritise workload.
* Working knowledge of current industry legislation and guidelines including EN378, Pressure Equipment Directive and F gas regulations.
* You will ideally possess several year's relevant experience within the refrigeration industry in either a technical or project management role.
* Ability to communicate well at all levels to both colleagues and the customer.
* Have a full current driving licence and be willing to travel to sites for surveys and meetings within the United Kingdom and Europe. Travel may include time away from home.
* Excellent attitude and approach to work.
* Highly self-reliant, motivated and enthusiastic.
* Approachble, open and able to work as part of a team.
* Excellent customer care and interpersonal skills.
* Commitment to quality and attention to detail.
Skill Set, Qualifications and Experience
* Relevant industry qualifications will be a minimum requirement for this role, although relevant experience will also be taken into consideration.
* Good level of education, to include Maths and English. Further education qualifications preferable.
* Good time management;
* Willing to travel to sites across the UK.
We are always looking for committed, innovative and talented individuals to join our team.
Please click 'Apply' below and ensure you include your CV and covering letter.