Senior HR Consultant
Looking for something different? The challenge and inspiration of working with some of the South West’s leading entrepreneurs? Tamar HR is an expanding and ambitious HR Consultancy.
We specialise in working with SME and early stage businesses that are intent on growth. We help them achieve their aspirations through their teams.
At the heart of our business are our team of Consultants and Advisers and their focus on the companies that we support. We are looking for our next team member.
Our ideal Senior HR Consultant is someone who can:
- Listen and understand the underlying causes and solutions to people puzzles
- Adapt quickly to varied personalities and challenge assumptions creatively
- Be practical, responsive, commercial and provide quick turnaround
- Assist in the building and development of the business client base
- Be an effective, and sought after sounding board and coach
- Provide pragmatic HR solutions striking the balance between best practice, legal requirement and commercial need
- Sustain resilience and emotional stability in demanding situations
- Demonstrate excellent relationship building skills, be culturally aware, flexible and pragmatic
- Create an environment where team members are encouraged to share new ideas, learn from mistakes and are supportive of each other’s strengths and development needs.
- Be accurate with detail and see tasks through to completion.
Who are we?
Founded in 2005, Tamar HR is a professional and innovative HR Consultancy working across Devon, Cornwall and Somerset. We specialise in the people aspect of the journey of business growth. While our clients are diverse, we always work proactively, with the same attention to detail and dedication whether the client is small or large.
Our office is in Plymouth. Whilst everyone works really hard we also enjoy the fabulous opportunities of coast, moor and city life within a short distance. Getting out and about as a team we’ve run the Plymouth Half Marathon (optional!), zip-wired at Adrenalin Quarry and have regular team events. All our team members have an ongoing investment in their individual development, CPD currently being undertaken includes employment law masters and personality profiling.
You need this:
- Relevant degree/professional qualification
- Thorough underpinning knowledge of UK Employment Law
- Three years senior level casework experience
- Professional level input to significant change programmes
- Competence in self-managing a varied and demanding workflow
- Natural communication skills with the capacity to listen and read body language
- Energy and enthusiasm to work flexibly and autonomously
- Full UK driving licence
We’d love this too:
- Management coaching and leadership development experience in a non-HR context
- Advanced qualification in UK Employment Law
- Training delivery skills
- Coaching qualification at level 3 or above
- Personality Profiling qualification and experience of delivering profile feedback
- Business experience in a non-HR context
For further information and how to apply:
Please apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by attaching your CV and a covering letter outlining why you feel you are suitable for the role. For further information about Tamar HR please take a look at our website.
Closing date for applications is FRIDAY 3RD NOVEMBER although applications will be reviewed prior to this date.
Please note that this an office-based and employed position.