40 hours per week Monday to Friday
Circa £24,000 to £28,000+ depending on experience and qualifications
Company Benefits to include Company Van, Telephone and Uniform
Are you looking to develop your surveying career?
The Company are looking for experienced individuals who want to develop their career further, who are willing to learn from the Operations Manager and also share their knowledge and help provide training/guidance for assistant/trainee surveyors. If you feel that this could be the next step in your career, we would love to hear from you!
The role involves undertaking utility surveys, data processing and preparing AutoCAD drawings.
The level of the role will be dependent on candidates’ experience.
The position will frequently involve travel around the UK with overnight stays. The candidate will need to be flexible with regard to working hours (e.g. highways surveys carried out at night or weekends.
The successful candidate will preferably have knowledge of Radiodetection & Leica/IDS GPR technology, as well as Leica Total Stations and GPS units, although skills in using other equipment such as GSSI or Mala would be acceptable. Additionally, experience of survey software and AutoCAD would be advantageous, as well as having experience in producing high quality, accurate data within tight timelines.
You will also be expected to have a good understanding of quality, environmental and health and safety issues and general procedures. This includes basic experience of compiling method statements, risk assessments and knowledge of lone working procedures.
The post holder will be responsible for:
- Undertaking utility surveys, including working to PAS128 or TSA specification
- Data processing and evaluation
- Preparation of AutoCAD drawings for client reports
- Assisting with Utility reports
- CSCS Card accredited
- Level 3 QCF Certificate Utilities Mapping Surveyor or above (preferred)
- Strong analytical skills with a creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to work to a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to analyse and interpret graphical data
- Knowledge of Health & Safety regulations
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to prioritise and plan effectively
- Be a Team player
- Knowledge of CAD programs, topographic and underground utility surveying technology, along with IT skills
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
Some jobs require an employee to work under extreme weather conditions and environmental conditions when on site. You will also be walking, traverse rough terrain or standing for extended periods of time, with some heavy lifting.