CHIEF FINANCIAL & OPERATING OFFICER
CHIEF FINANCIAL & OPERATING OFFICER
Contract: Permanent contract, Full time, All year round
Lighthouse Schools Partnership is a Multi-Academy Trust. There are currently six schools in the Trust but we are embarked upon an exciting period of significant growth. The Trust is cross-phase and includes Infant, Junior, Primary and Secondary schools. Lighthouse Schools Partnership is a mixed MAT and includes both non-denominational and Church of England schools.
LSP are looking for an experienced CFOO to join the leadership team. Reporting to the Chief Executive, you will be responsible for the financial reporting and control of the business and the leadership of the IT, HR, finance, legal and risk management functions.
You will need to contribute to the key areas of finance, operations, services and growth acquisitions, thereby supporting the business to achieve its strategic plan. Success in the role will be demonstrated by the increased financial understanding and ownership of performance across the business.
- The primary purpose is to both report and business partner the Chief Executive, to identify and help to develop short, medium and long term financial plans and business strategies in order to achieve agreed Trust objectives and to subsequently implement the agreed plans and strategies.
- To effectively manage on a day-to-day basis all key issues relating to the Trust’s financial matters, including the management of treasury, financial growth strategy, debtors and creditors, cash flow and the efficient and timely presentation of data relating to the Trust’s financial performance, as and when agreed necessary.
- To act as the Trust’s Company Secretary and to develop, build and lead the legal functions to be aligned with the business strategy.
- To lead and support the activities of the operational leadership team and effectively manage relationships with Headteachers, Trustees and professional advisers including auditors, insurance brokers and solicitors.
- In liaison with the Chief Executive, to undertake all necessary activities to recommend to the Board of Trustees an annual budget by year, rolling forecasts and a 5-year business plan.
To be considered for this role you should be an exceptionally skilled and entrepreneurial qualified accountant or equivalent, with a strong commercial accounting background including experience of complex structures, tax planning, finance systems, cash management and managing 3rd parties. It is essential that you will have private and/or public enterprise experience as a Finance Director, CFO, COO or equivalent.
- Educated to degree level and professionally qualified (ACA, CIMA, ACCA, CIPFA or equivalent);
- Extensive post qualification experience working at Senior/Board level;
- Experience of strategic leadership and business planning in a diverse business;
- Proven track record of managing change, delivering results and meeting performance targets;
- Able to challenge the status quo, encourage innovation and drive continuous improvement.
For an informal discussion, please contact Chris Bull (interim COO) or Gary Lewis Chief Executive on 01275 842606.
Lighthouse Schools Partnership offers an excellent benefits package including contributory pension scheme, a comprehensive employee assistance programme and benefits (offering discounts on shopping), child care vouchers and on-site parking.
How to apply
Please download an application form from the Trust website http://www.lsp.org.uk/index.php/career-opportunities/. CVs are optional but cannot be accepted unless accompanied by a fully completed application form.
Please note all candidates if shortlisted will be required to complete personality profiling exercise in advance of Day 1 interview day.
Applications should be submitted with covering letter (no more than two sides of A4) outlining your expertise in this role and application form (curriculum vitae optional) addressed to Gary Lewis, Chief Executive Officer. Once completed application forms can be emailed to: email@example.com
Closing date: 9am 14th November 2017
Interview dates: 23rd (Stage 1) and 1st (Stage 2) December 2017
Address: Lighthouse Schools Partnership, St Marys Road, Portishead, Bristol BS20 7QR
Tel: 01275 842606
Lighthouse Schools Partnership trust supports Equal Opportunities Employment.
This Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Enhanced DBS checks are required for all successful applicants.