Based near Cardiff
The Royal Mint is a unique organisation with a 1,000 year history, compelling strategy and a vision that will ensure the iconic brand’s survival for the next 1,000 years. As well as being market leader in the design, manufacture and sale of high quality circulating and commemorative coins, The Royal Mint has a number of other exciting businesses including a consumer products business and a bullion business offering bullion coins, bars and real-time bullion trading. The company will be launching a new gold-backed digital block chain product called Royal Mint Gold early next year. A wholly publicly owned institution with a turnover of £360m, EBITDA of £22m and 1,000 people, the Royal Mint is seeking a Chief Executive to lead this ambitious, fast growing, diverse and multi-faceted business at a time of significant strategic change and reinvention.
- Reporting to the Chairman, and working with the Board, formulate and implement a strategy to achieve long term strategic growth. Maximise existing and new product, service, customer and geographic markets, ensuring profitability and mitigating any issues that impacts the delivery of the 5 year plan.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with shareholders, customers, suppliers, employees and government departments.
- Lead and develop the Executive team to drive business performance and deliver the strategy, embracing the evolving digital business and data landscape.
- Lead the further development of the organisation’s culture of continuous improvement and teamwork, embedding process improvements and ensuring people understand their contribution, feel valued and are motivated to perform.
- A proven track record of profit generation, with experience in some of the following sectors: consumer, FinTech/digital banking, Government sales or manufacturing in B2B and B2C environments (ideally internationally).
- Strong commercial acumen with experience of leading and growing a customer facing business with P&L responsibility and delivering long term sustainable sales and profit growth.
- Track record of formulating successful business and market strategies, repositioning a business for the future, going through significant disruptive change and leading teams through transformation.
- The ability to identify and drive organisational improvements, develop and inspire high performing teams, evidence sound business judgement and a compelling vision.
- An entrepreneurial leader with experience of working at Board level and the gravitas and diplomacy to interface with a wide variety of customers and stakeholders.
- An awareness of the unique status of the Royal Mint as a wholly publicly owned institution, reporting to the Chancellor of the Exchequer.
All applications will be acknowledged. For further information please click apply
The closing date is Tuesday 14th November at 12.00pm.