3 days left
- Full Time
- Full time permanent position
- Surrey Pay Grade 6
- £20,628 - £23,669 depending on experience
- 36 hours a week
Start date 1st December 2017 - Current caretaker retiring 8th December 2017.
Pyrcroft Grange Primary School is looking to appoint a highly committed, conscientious and self-motivated person who will form part of a dedicated team providing a safe and welcoming environment for pupils to learn.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is hard working with the initiative to work independently and with a sense of humour.
- Undertakes tasks efficiently and completes them to a high standard with the ability to prioritise tasks.
- Looks to reduce risk where possible.
- A ‘can-do’ attitude with an ability to think on their feet to deal with emergencies and problems as they arise in a positive and systematic manner.
- Is practical and self-motivated; has skills in DIY, gardening and property maintenance.
- Is aware of current health and safety guidelines and COSHH standards or has a willingness to learn
- Flexible with working patterns.
- Is keen to actively contribute as a member of our team.
- Can foster good relationships with pupils, staff, parents and contractors.
- Willing to attend training.
- Shares the school passion to provide the very best for our pupils.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintenance of the site.
- Health and safety.
- Maintaining records.
- Security of the site.
- Monitoring contractors.
- Cleaning school offices.
Candidates need to be resourceful, adaptable, physically fit and able to show initiative. Previous building maintenance is essential. Other experience would be beneficial but not essential as training will be provided. References will be sought prior to interview.
An application form, job profile and person speciation is available on the school’s website by the “Apply” button on this page.
Closing date Friday 20th October 2017 at noon
Interviews will be on Wednesday 25th October 2017
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure will be sought from the successful candidate.