Apprentice Cadet - IT & Print Services
Salary: £6,946 per annum (above average salary for a local employer)
Contract Type: Full Time, 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year, Fixed Term until 01/11/2018
Location: Paignton, Devon
Do you want to work for an award winning and IIP Platinum Champion employer? Are you a motivated and energetic individual who wants to be part of an exciting and successful team? If the answer is ‘yes’, then South Devon College is the place for you. A South Devon College Apprenticeship lasts 12 months, during which you will earn and learn with practical on-the-job-training, gaining real experience, with real responsibilities to allow you to develop your skills and talents - but don’t worry our experienced team will be on hand to support you all the way. As part of this superb opportunity you will gain formal qualifications and take your first step on the road to success.
We are currently recruiting for two Apprentice Cadets – IT & Print Services to join our IT & Print Services Department on a fixed term basis for one year. You will be studying for a Level 2 Qualification in Customer Service as part of this Apprenticeship. You will provide printing, finishing and IT Helpdesk services, whilst undertaking administrative tasks to ensure the smooth running of print and IT use across the College. The post holders will provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers and work closely with both staff and students.
The successful candidates will require GCSEs or equivalent in both English & maths. You will need to be computer literate, have the ability to keep accurate records and have experience of using email and Microsoft Word/Excel. We are looking for candidates who can prioritise workloads to meet deadlines and who are able to communicate effectively by telephone, in writing and in person.
Many more reasons to work at South Devon College:
- Above average apprenticeship pay rate.
- Up to 38 days paid leave per year, including Bank Holidays and additional College closure days
- Automatically enrolled into a great pension scheme which the College tops up your contribution with a further 12.5%. – worth £700 per year
- FREE Parking Permit or FREE Stagecoach Bus travel, which can be used year round on alternative routes
- FREE gym membership – saving £120 per year
- Staff discount via the NUS discount Card – covering many high street brands and local eateries.
- Fantastic progression opportunities – including a guaranteed interview for internal vacancies (if essential criteria are met)
Closing Date: Midnight, Sunday 5th November 2017
Interview Date: Tuesday 14th November 2017
To apply and for a full job description please visit the Jobs page of the South Devon College website.
This College is committed to Safeguarding/Prevent and promoting the welfare of learners, including children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.