CNC Programmer / Setter / Operator
CNC Programmer / Setter / Operator
Croydon, Greater London
£20,500 - £26,500 + OT + Bonus
Our client again looking for a CNC Setter, ideally with proven Programming expertise to join their growing machining team in a highly successful and respected worldwide manufacturing business, providing measuring sensors and solutions. The company’s order book keeps growing and they have been very successful gaining subcontract machining orders. They are looking to further expand their machining capacity.
The role will be based on alternating double day shifts. You will be responsible for setting and operating CNC machines. Loading and running programs through prove out according to the tools list and works instructions, producing a valid first off component and having it verified, loading and operating machines to meet desired quantities, conducting in-process inspection, checking against drawings and specifications to ensure they are made accurately and to the highest standards.
Due to increasing workload, they are looking for someone with CNC programming experience, ideally using SolidWorks and associated CAM software. The programming will be carried out off-line, combined with other machining duties and under procedural guidance from the Production Engineer. Bringing and developing the right level of programming skills would be reflected in salary offered.
In the last two years, the machine shop has moved to clean spacious modern new premises. Internal product demand has increased significantly each year and they have massively expanded their provision of subcontract machining. Existing customer orders are growing and new customers are coming on board.
This is an excellent opportunity for a practical and bright CNC setter/programmer, looking to take the next step, to join a highly successful business with ambitious growth plans.
Our client will offer you the chance to undertake fantastic training where you’ll learn to use various programming software, and set to and operate a variety of cutting-edge equipment, making this the ideal position in which to diversify your skill-set and develop your career. Shift supervisors will be put in place so this is an opportunity for the right candidate to develop their ongoing career.
The role will include:
- Setting and operating a variety of CNC mills and lathes machining high tolerance components.
- Loading and running CNC programs through prove out. Producing a valid first off component and having it verified. Loading and operating machines to meet desired quantities, conducting in-process inspection.
- Using SolidWorks, HSMXpress CAM, Mazatrol and CNC Wizard for Cimcom to create CNC part programs for lathes and mills. Creating process control supporting paperwork in line with our client’s ISO9001 Quality Assurance controls.
- Inspecting work carried out and following the quality assurance system and recording production information.
- Assisting in stock control of materials, tooling and consumables.
- Keeping machines and workshop clean and in good maintenance.
- Meeting delivery requirements.
Our client is a committed equal opportunities employer and welcomes all applications.
Interested? To be considered, you must have:
- Minimum two years’ previous experience in setting and operating CNC machines.
- Experience of reading and understanding engineering drawings and tolerances.
- Proficiency in a range of measuring equipment and inspection techniques.
- A proven ability to create CNC part programs with efficient results, achieving full quality requirements is desired as well as eagerness to develop in this skill set.
- A high level of IT literacy, including MS Windows and Office.
Our client now operates alternating early and late day shifts of either 6:00 starts or 22:00 finishes. Their location is easy to reach as they are within 10 minutes’ walk from East and West Croydon.
To apply for the role of CNC Operator, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: CNC Operator, CNC Machinist, CNC Lathe, CNC Mill, CNC Machine Operator, Operator, Setter, CNC Engineer, Tooling Operator, Machine Operator, Machinist, Manual Machinist, Engineer, Engineering.