Apprentice Laboratory Technician
5 days left
- Full Time
Salary: £6,946 (£3.60 per hour)
Contract Type: Full Time, 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year, Fixed Term for 24 months
Location: Paignton, Devon
Do you want to work for an award winning and IIP Platinum Champion employer? Are you a motivated and energetic individual who wants to be part of an exciting and successful team? If the answer is ‘yes’, then South Devon College is the place for you. A South Devon College Apprenticeship lasts 12 months. During which you will earn and learn with practical on-the-job-training, gaining real experience, with real responsibilities to allow you to develop your skills and talents - but don’t worry our experienced team will be on hand to support you all the way. As part of this superb opportunity you will gain formal qualifications and take your first step on the road to success.
We are currently recruiting for an Apprentice Laboratory Technician to work with our Science teams here at South Devon College. You will be responsible for preparing resources and equipment for the Sciences, ensuring that Health & Safety is maintained in the laboratories and practical areas at all times. You will provide support in practical sessions when necessary, including demonstrating the appropriate use of equipment and materials.
The ideal candidate will hold GCSE in Mathematics at grade C/4 and either a GCSE Science qualification at C or above, or a Level 2 BTEC in Science at Merit or above. You should have an ability to use standard IT packages and be able to work accurately within prescribed timescales. The successful candidate will be efficient, reliable and have good communication skills.
Many more reasons to work at South Devon College:
- Above average apprenticeship pay rate.
- Up to 38 days paid leave per year, including Bank Holidays and additional College closure days
- Automatically enrolled into a great pension scheme which the College tops up your contribution with a further 12.5%. – worth £700 per year
- FREE Parking Permit or FREE Stagecoach Bus travel, which can be used year round on alternative routes
- FREE gym membership – saving £120 per year
- Staff discount via the NUS discount Card – covering many high street brands and local eateries.
- Fantastic progression opportunities – including a guaranteed interview for internal vacancies (if essential criteria are met)
Closing Date: Midnight, Monday 23rd October 2017
Interview Date: TBC
To apply and for a full job description please visit the Jobs page of the South Devon College website.
This College is committed to Safeguarding/Prevent and promoting the welfare of learners, including children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.