Nursery Practitioner x 2
Little Owls Nursery (based at Dove House Hospice)
Salary: £16,016 per annum pro rata (actual salary £8,008)
Hours of work: Part Time. Your normal hours are a minimum of 20 hours per week (to be worked Monday to Friday)
The annual leave entitlement is 22 days per year plus bank holidays pro rata.
Little Owls Day Nursery is a nursery based in a separate building on the grounds of Dove House Hospice on Chamberlain Road in East Hull. The nursery has the capacity to care for around 40-50 children from the local community in a newly refurbished building with outdoor play areas.
Due to expansion and increased numbers, we are looking to recruit 2 x part time Nursery Practitioners to join our team. You will play a key role in providing a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children cared for in the setting.
- To effectively deliver the EYFS ensuring that the individual needs and interests of children in the setting are met (in conjunction with other team members).
- To keep records of your key children’s development and learning journeys and share with parents, carers and other key adults in the child’s life.
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team.
- To develop and maintain strong partnerships and communication with parents/carers to facilitate day-to-day caring and early learning needs.
- To ensure the provision meets the needs of individual children having an awareness of any disabilities, family cultures and medical histories.
- To advise manager/deputy of any concerns, e.g. over children, parents, the safety of the environment, preserving confidentiality as necessary.
To fulfil the role effectively you will need to have a minimum of a full and relevant Level 3 qualification (as defined by the CWDC), experience of working with young children in an early years setting and be able to communicate well with adults and children.
For further information, or to view a copy of the Recruitment Pack, please visit our website www.dovehouse.org.uk/careers. If you think you have what we are looking for, please forward your completed application form to:
Michelle Broadley, HR Department, Chamberlain Road, Hull, HU8 8DH or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Tuesday 24th October 2017 at 5.00pm