Sunday Duty Manager
Sunday Duty Manager
Dove House Hospice
Salary: £7.50 per hour
Hours of work: Part Time. Your normal hours are a minimum of 6 hours per week (to be worked 9.45am – 4.15pm every Sunday, with a 30 minute unpaid break)
Dove House Hospice is a charity providing excellent care for people in Hull and the East Riding of Yorkshire with life limiting illnesses. We are specialists in palliative care which is the total care of patients whose illness is no longer curable and for whom the goal must be quality of life.
This position asks that, in the absence of the Shop Manager, be the main keyholder for the shop, attending emergency call outs as necessary and allowing access to the emergency services, contractors, etc as required. This may involve working outside normal shop hours.
- Be responsible for the security of all shop monies under his/her direct control, including petty cash, daily takings and bankings, as required and directed by the Shop Manager.
- Maintain the shop in a clean and orderly condition.
- Be responsible for answering all telephone calls in a professional manner, booking in collections and deliveries for customers. Where required.
- Assist the Shop Manager in barcoding all donated and trading stock, as required
- Be responsible for reporting immediately to the Shop Manager findings of cash, valuables and personal papers amongst goods donated to the Hospice/shop.
- Undertake responsibility for the Health and Safety at Work Act, and subordinate legislation, whilst being aware of personal responsibilities as an employee.
- Be responsible for reporting all accidents, injuries and incidents occurring at the shop under his/her control whilst in charge of the shop.
- Be responsible for ensuring compliance with Trading Standard Regulations in line with Organisational Policy, reporting any non-compliance to the Shop Manager/Regional Sales Manager.
- Be responsible for ensuring all upholstered furniture complies with health & safety regulations.
To fulfil the role effectively you must have fashion retail and/or charity shop experience along with experience of EPOS systems.
For further information, or to request a copy of the Recruitment Pack and application form, please visit our website www.dovehouse.org.uk/careers. If you think you have what we are looking for, please forward your completed application form to:
Michelle Broadley, HR Department, Chamberlain Road, Hull, HU8 8DH or email email@example.com
Closing date: Tuesday 24th October at 5.00pm