Compliance Business Partner - Consumer Finance
Reporting to the Head of Compliance Advice, the Compliance Business Partner - Consumer Finance will be the Second Line Compliance Function's primary interface with the Bank's Consumer Finance Division, in delivering effective oversight and advice, regarding compliance with policies, procedures, systems controls and governance of Shawbrook Bank.
In your business facing role, you will oversee the successful implementation and execution of the business-facing-related elements of the Annual Compliance Plan and provide technical advice to colleagues across the Bank's Consumer Finance Division.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Provide the Chief Compliance Officer and Head of Compliance Advice with regular updates on compliance matters relating to the Consumer Finance Division, including on emerging issues/incidents, progress in addressing findings from first/second/third line monitoring reviews.
- Attend Consumer Finance governance meetings (including Executive and Operational meetings)
- Ensure maintenance and awareness of regulatory developments, particularly in the consumer credit market, through regular liaison with the Bank's Regulatory Change Team.
- Alongside the Consumer Finance Compliance Team, provide and oversee the provision of advice to the Consumer Finance Division on issues relating to their business, including the development and launch of new products, new business models and new functional processes.
- Attend, as necessary, risk management governance meetings, to share regulatory risks identified and work with the Consumer Finance Division to enhance controls as appropriate.
Suitable candidates will have the following knowledge and experience:
- Broad and deep knowledge of financial regulation, with particular specialist knowledge of consumer credit regulation (including the FCA's CONC Rules) and the regulation of deposit-taking (including the FCA's Banking Conduct of Business Rules).
- Extensive experience of operating in the Compliance function of a regulated bank or consumer credit lender.
- Track record in building strong and constructive relationships with senior management.
- Commercial awareness and focus on application of regulation within the consumer credit market.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Analytical, problem solving and project management skills.