CLERK TO THE LORD-LIEUTENANT OF WEST MIDLANDS
3 days per week. Circa £ 30,000
The Lord-Lieutenant is HM The Queen’s official representative in the West Midlands, an area which covers 7 Metropolitan Councils and has a population of approximately 3 million.
The Clerk is in essence the ‘Chief Operating Officer’ for the Lieutenancy and supports the Lord-Lieutenant, the Vice Lord-Lieutenant and the Deputy Lieutenants in a wide and varied range of public duties, engagements and community activities.
Supported by a Deputy Clerk and a Lieutenancy Administrator in a Birmingham City Centre office, the role will focus on:
- Managing the structure of the Lieutenancy and helping develop and promote its role.
- Ensuring the Lieutenancy engages with all aspects of Society including Civic, Voluntary, Religious, Public Service, Military and Academic bodies and the business community.
- Helping promote the awareness of the Honours system for individuals and the Queen’s Awards for Voluntary Service and for Enterprise.
- Engaging with the Royal Households and the planning and organisation of Royal visits.
- Liaising with other Lieutenancies.
- Managing the office and finances of the team.
This interesting and demanding role would be appropriate for an individual with:
- High levels of planning and organisational expertise.
- Experience of public communications.
- Demonstrable success in people and team management.
- A keen interest in the West Midlands and the role the Lieutenancy undertakes in the development of a cohesive and vibrant community.
Please apply with full CV to: email@example.com
Apply for CLERK TO THE LORD-LIEUTENANT OF WEST MIDLANDS
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly