Support Workers - Employee Accommodation Available!
We are looking for caring and passionate Support Workers to join a specialist, residential children’s service close to the Hitchin area of Hertfordshire.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a residential and educational service for individuals with a range of needs, including extreme physical and sensory disabilities, learning disabilities and complex needs. Located on an impressive and expansive site they are currently undertaking a 6 million full site re-development. State of the art facilities include sensory rooms, recessed trampolines, hydrotherapy pool, along with paddocks and extensive gardens.
As a Support Worker, you will be working with a fantastic team with proven therapeutic and behavioural approaches. Your role will include:
- Building strong bonds with the people you support to understand their specific needs and help meet those needs in the most appropriate way
- Maintaining a safe, clean and enjoyable environment, including domestic duties
- Supporting with their daily routine, including personal care, mental and physical wellbeing
- Offer ongoing support and enable them rather than doing
What experience will I need?
You will show dedication to effectively support each individual and make every day count. You must also have previous experience supporting someone with complex needs or physical disabilities. If you hold an NVQ in Childcare or Health and Social Care this would be highly advantageous.
What are the pay rates, hours and benefits?
- £8.25 per hour, rising to £8.75 per hour with a Level 3 in Childcare or Health and Social Care
- 39 hours per week, including early mornings, evenings and weekend shifts (flexible working arrangements available)
- On-site, low rental accommodation options - no travel costs
- Career progression, training and support to achieve qualifications
- High street discounts and child care vouchers
- Life insurance plan and company pension
A Support Worker job is an extremely rewarding career and you will be joining a fantastic team, all highly qualified and dedicated who support each other. If you want to join please click on 'Apply’ and we will contact you to discuss further.
Apply for Support Workers - Employee Accommodation Available!
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly