Field Worker / Driver
Excellent opportunity for a Field Worker/Driver to join an expanding company based between Tamworth and Lichfield.
Our client offers a wide range of transportation/delivery solutions to the telecoms industry nationwide. Our clients undertake a range of equipment deliveries, from city centre high-rise structures to kerb-side and off road sites using a variety of plant and vehicles.
This is a full time position and although a large portion of the job will be driving, the successful candidate is required to be an ‘all-rounder’ to fit in with this small but growing business. The role will include but not be limited to:
- Collecting new equipment from client’s stores
- Working as part of a team to deliver the equipment from the vehicle to its destination which could be in the middle of a field or on the top of a multi-storey building in a city centre
- Lifting heavy equipment using specialist vehicles or hauling systems (within H&S guidelines)
- Returning equipment to clients’ stores
No experience is necessary as full training will be provided, however experience in the following would be beneficial;
- Towing trailers
- Operating lorry loaders (Hiabs)
- Operating powered fork-lift trucks
- Any practical site experience, especially working with hauling/lifting equipment.
You must be able to work as part of a team as much of your time will be travelling with colleagues, however you must also be able to work on your own initiative.
Hours of work can vary depending on client’s requirements but it will include early starts and weekends on rota as required. You must be flexible; if you are looking for a 9-5 job then this role isn’t for you.
It will be quite a physical role, so a degree of personal fitness is required
Position: Full time/Permanent minimum 40hours per week – flexibility is required
Location: Based between Tamworth and Lichfield, however the role will include nationwide travel, and occasional overnight stays
Salary: Minimum £9.00 per hour with weekend uplift and overtime at time and a half
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing and forward-thinking company so if you feel you have the relevant attributes to fulfil this role then please apply now!