Finance Assistant -Purchase Ledger
TOMY is a leading global toy manufacturer whose mission is to make the world smile. We offer a wide range of innovative, high-quality toys and nursery products and are committed to unleashing fresh ideas and delivering safe, thoughtfully designed products that brings dreams to life.
TOMY UK have an exciting opportunity for someone with purchase ledger or accounts experience to join our Finance team in Exeter. The role will ensure the accurate processing of invoices and account reconciliation, whilst working within the Purchase Ledger team to achieve department deadlines.
To assist in providing accurate and timely financial information and working within a team of three Purchase Ledger Finance Assistants the post holder will
- Be responsible for all aspects of purchase ledger for the UK Company which includes establishing vendor records, registering invoices, general ledger coding, matching invoices with purchase orders and producing statement reconciliations
- Proactively manage and resolve supplier queries
- Provide assistance with the processing of customer rebate claims which will include reviewing customer claims for rebates and allowances, liaising with the Sales teams to resolve any disputed claims and raise credit notes request forms
- Analyse data and produce marketing spend reports for TOMY products
- Assist with month-end processes including the calculation of prepayments, preparation of accruals and maintaining financial journals, records and files
- Support other Purchase Ledger team members when required
- 5 GCSE at grade C or equivalent, including Maths and English
- Previous experience of purchase ledger or finance/accounts reconciliation experience with a high degree of numeracy. Additional experience in sales administration, customer services or export sales would be an advantage
- Excellent IT skills, proficient with Microsoft Excel, able to create basic formulae
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to build rapport with suppliers and internal customers
- Well organised and able to prioritise in order to meet deadlines in a busy environment. Able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- A team player but with the courage to challenge and pursue organisational interests
- Meticulous, working to a high level of accuracy and with strong attention to detail, able to assimilate large amounts of data