Senior Production Line Manager
New opportunity not to be missed! Tayto Group is seeking a Senior Production Line Manager to join the team based in Scunthorpe. This is a full time permanent role offering a competitive salary plus benefits. This is a shift based position, Monday – Friday 6am-2pm/2pm-10pm rotating, but some flexibility will be required.
Established in 1956 Tayto have expanded from one factory in Tandragee Castle, County Armagh, to becoming the UKs third largest snack manufacturer. Over the last nine years a series of careful acquisitions has seen the company grow to a turnover of £200m and led to the ownership of key brands in their market, including Golden Wonder, Real Crisps, Mr Porky and Jonathan Crisp and Midland Snacks. The company employ over 1400 people across five manufacturing sites.
Purpose of the role:
The purpose of the Senior Production Line Manager role is to provide leadership across the site on events and issues that cross team boundaries. When the Manufacturing Manager is not on site, the Senior Production Line Manager is the most senior on site and as such is responsible for co-ordinating and arbitrating on site wide issues, events, activities, and people, regardless of functions. This includes circumstances that require a decision on priorities.
Key responsibilities of Senior Production Line Manager:
- Hands on role running a production line.
- Responsibility for approximately 30 employees and their personal development.
- To achieve the daily shift production plan, in conjunction with other members of the shift production team, to ensure conformance to plan is >90%.
- Play an active part in 24-hour team activities, to review capacity targets, identify opportunities and develop plans to achieve.
- Minimise all cost elements of the operation, including absence, material conversion, waste and give-away.
- Promote a proactive approach for quality awareness, recommending, supporting and driving forward changes to improve quality standards.
- Ensure all quality complaints and non-conformances are thoroughly investigated with delivered actions.
- To monitor and improve the health and safety performance in accordance with site objectives, legislation, site & company health & safety plans, policies and procedures.
- To develop the knowledge, skills and attitudes of all production team members, through the agreement and implementation of personal/team development plans, to enable them to meet the necessary standards of performance and behaviour required to meet the area, shift and site objectives and create a culture where all losses/accidents are eliminated.
Qualifications, experience and knowledge needed to become our Senior Production Line Manager.
- Previous Management/Team Leader experience required, ideally within the food industry and with a formal relevant qualification.
- Knowledge and experience of manufacturing techniques and processes within an FMCG manufacturing environment.
- The application of world class manufacturing standards, food safety, Health & Safety and environmental legal requirements.
- Experience in managing people, using change management skills within a unionised environment.
- Process improvement techniques and implementation, including continuous Improvement methods and approaches.
- Planning, organising and analytical skills to aid with budget and cost control.
- Strong Interpersonal skills including, listening, influencing, persuading, counselling, coaching and feedback.
- Effective Delegation and leadership, tenacious, self motivated.
If you have an enthusiastic can do approach and a willingness to challenge yourself in order to push your learning and progress your career as a Senior Production Line Manager please click ‘Apply’ below.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE