Operations Maintenance Service Technician / Electrical Engineer
Job Title: Operations and Maintenance - Service Technician
Salary: Competitive plus Company Vehicle
Benefits: Pension, private health, life insurance, childcare vouchers
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing Date: 17:00 hours, Wednesday 25th October 2017
Our Client is a leading renewable energy developer and provider of Operations and Maintenance services into the renewable energy industry. Founded in 2010 they have grown into one of the largest integrated developers in the UK with over 530 MW of ground-mounted solar PV parks successfully installed to date and a similar quantum of operational assets under their management. Their portfolio includes the four largest sites in the UK.
They are now looking to recruit for an Operations and Maintenance Service Technician to cover the Suffolk and Cambridgeshire area. You'll be responsible for the successful and safe delivery of O&M planned and reactive maintenance activities, on a portfolio of utility scale solar PV plants.
Duties include planned and reactive maintenance, fault diagnosis and resolution, and reporting. This is a permanent role and will require availability for weekend on-call duties.
- Planned preventative maintenance of electrical, auxiliary, communications, mechanical, structural and security systems;
- Reactive maintenance interventions and fault diagnosis of electrical, auxiliary, communications, mechanical, structural and security systems;
- Inspections, information gathering and records keeping;
- Completion of job sheets, stock control;
- Access and security control;
- H&S policy adherence and supporting the further development of the system;
- Adherence to and supporting the further development of the BSR Quality Management System;
- Supervision of sub-contractors, suppliers and visitors to sites;
- Self-lead and classroom based training.
Experience and Qualifications:
- At least eight years technical experience as a qualified electrician (17th edition) or electrical engineer;
- Inspection and maintenance experience and qualifications (C&G 2391 or 2394/5);
- Solar PV installation and maintenance experience (including systems over 50kWp and G59/3) and qualifications (C&G 2372 or C&G 2399);
- Experience and training with Ingeteam, Gamesa and Power Electronic PV inverters is highly desirable;
- Experience and training with HV switchgear and systems is highly desirable;
- Health and Safety awareness (e.g. ECS and/or SSSTS) including valid first aid ticket;
- Experience of working remotely without close supervision;
- Spanish speaking applicant is highly desirable;
- Attention to detail and can-do attitude;
- Team player and good communicator;
- Strong technical understanding and ability to explain and resolve faults;
- Enthusiasm for continuing development and learning;
- Clean Driving Licence.
Must be eligible to work in the UK. No applications for Visa support will be considered
Please click the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the careers page.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Operations Technician, Maintenance Service Engineer, Operations and Maintenance Service Technician, Electrical Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Service Engineer, Repairs Technician, Repairs Engineer, HV Switchgear, Solar PV Installation, Electrician, Electrical Technician may also be considered for this role.