Legal Support Assistant - Commercial
Foot Anstey have an exciting opportunity available for a Legal Support Assistant to join our Commercial team on a full or part time basis in Exeter. You will receive a highly competitive salary & benefits package.
The Legal Support Assistant role makes an important contribution to the overall work of the Commercial team and supporting the Team Leader with the ongoing growth and development of the Team’s activities. The role is to work as part of a very busy team, working for a range of clients on Commercial matters.
Key responsibilities as our Legal Support Assistant:
- To support others in the team with any specific business development and marketing activities to develop client work and fee income as part of supporting the business and strategic plans
- To consistently meet all KPI targets and any other broader objectives as agreed on a quarterly and annual basis as part of the Team plans
- Building an awareness of legal issues and keeping up to date with new developments
- Drafting documents that are accurate and clear
- Drafting statements of work and confirmation of instructions
- Proof reading
- To ensure appropriate quality service and compliance for all matters in accordance with agreed standard policies
Skills and Attributes needed to become our Legal Support Assistant:
- A positive and practical approach with the ability to identify and implement opportunities to develop your own and the team support services to fee earners
- Ability to support fee earners through proactive interaction and understanding of their support needs
- Confident prioritisation skills to complete assigned tasks as required
- Ability to understand and interpret complex tasks
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent IT skills across the MS suite of programmes along with a willingness to learn new computer packages
- Prepared to undertake training deemed necessary by the Firm to meet the needs of the business and be flexible in approach
- Excellent all round communication skills including the capability to develop and maintain strong and positive client relationship
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with other colleagues internally, both within the wider team and across all practice areas.
- Commitment to ongoing professional and personal development including self awareness and self reflection and continuous improvement
Why Foot Anstey
Through a network of five offices across the South West, plus newly opened London and Southampton offices, the firm operates as one national team offering specialist legal advice and services to regional, national and international clients, both businesses and individuals. Foot Anstey is among the UK's top 100 law firms, with just under 50 partners and around 450 staff.
The firm has been acknowledged by industry commentators for its growth and business excellence. Most recently Foot Anstey was shortlisted for National/Regional Firm of the Year at the Legal Business Awards, for UK Law Firm of the Year in the British Legal Awards and also ranked in the recent Financial Times Innovative Lawyers report for its ongoing work with Screwfix and B&Q Tradepoint.
At Foot Anstey our people, like our Values, are at the very heart of our business. We aim to provide you with a rewarding career and work environment and an attractive and flexible benefits scheme as part of supporting the importance of work/life balance.
What’s in it for you?
- Structured career development programme and the opportunity to develop your skills and experience
- Five weeks' annual leave
- Additional discretionary one day as an ‘office shut down’ day annually at Christmas time.
- Lifestyle Hour – a discretionary benefit to provide a fully flexible time slot for employees to take an additional hour away from work on a weekly basis
- Life Assurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Enhanced and bespoke maternity, paternity & adoption arrangements
- Staff conveyancing scheme
- Discounted shopping via the Foot Anstey Reward Gateway
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Legal Support Assistant then please click “Apply” today!