Process Machine Operator
Jobtitle - Process Machine Operator
Location - Foston, Derbyshire
Salary - £18,965.28 - £19,734.14 + £2160 20 additional holiday cover shifts per/Year
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Process Machine Operator to join a leading manufacturer of plastic packaging solutions based in Foston, Derbyshire. In return we offer a competitive salary of £18,965.28 increasing to £19,734.14 + £2160 20 additional holiday cover shifts following a successful probationary period. Benefits also include 20 days holidays, induction and training, career progression opportunities, company uniform, onsite parking, annual pay review, child care vouchers and healthcare scheme.
We offer the most comprehensive product range, across multiple industries throughout Africa, manufacturing to the highest commercial and environmental standards in metal, glass, paper and plastic.
The Process Operator will be responsible for maintaining allocated machine production to agreed standards of performance and to ensure that Company standards are maintained with specific regards to health and safety, quality hygiene and housekeeping and business performance.
Duties will include:
- Check bottle testers at the start of each shift
- Complete the required number of quality checks as per instructions
- Any faults found should be rectified immediately
- Carry out a full machine safety check on the machines
- Maintain housekeeping to the highest standard at all times
- Log all relevant information in the Machine Logbook under H.A.C.C.P.S / and the Cleaning Schedule Logbook
- Work as a team with other members of staff to ensure efficient machine operation
- Carry out any reasonable request from the Shift Cell Leader
- Attend any training courses or inter site visits deemed applicable to enhance your skill level to the benefit of the site
- Co-operate with any trials or changes to working practices that take place
- Suggest improvements to the working methods that will increase productivity, aid effectiveness of production, improve quality and enhance Environmental and Health & Safety standards
The successful Process Operator will have:
- Mechanical aptitude / experience
- Strong communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Experience of working within a manufacturing / production environment is essential.
The hours of work is a continental 12 hour shift pattern working a 4 on 4 off shift rota including alternate day and night shift.
This role would suit a Manufacturing Operative, Shift Operative or Production Operative.
Please apply online today to be considered for the Process Operator role.