HR & Payroll Administrator 0.5 FTE
We would welcome applications from anyone who has worked for an Education establishment or has administered the Teacher Pension or Local Government Pension Schemes (or both). Also previous knowledge of CINTRA IQ HR Database would be helpful but training will be given.
• Provide administrative support to Human Resources Department by undertaking HR, payroll and administrative duties, and ensuring the remit of the Human Resource department is efficiently delivered.
• To process the college payroll and pension administration
• To maintain the Probation and Appraisal administration process
• To accurately maintain the staff personnel records
1. Work within the Human Resources department undertaking HR administrative, payroll and pension duties to ensure that processes and systems are completed to a high standard.
2. To ensure that the monthly payroll is processed within the required timeframe. Liaise
with the payroll bureau and staff with matters relating to payroll, dealing with matters
raised in a timely manner
3. Ensure that all pension administration, including auto enrolment processes is carried out in a timely manner. Including assisting with yearend reporting. Liaise with pension providers and staff and dealing with matters raised.
4. Prepare and process Leavers documentation and final calculations for payroll. Carry out exit interviews
5. Prepare and process spine point increases and documentation in a timely manner meeting payroll deadline.
6. Administer and maintain the Probation and Appraisal system. Liaise with managers and staff on probation and appraisal matters. Attend meetings as required
7. Administer the maternity/SPL/paternity process. Liaise with staff, prepare routine correspondence and keep in contact with as needed.
8. To ensure staff files are accurate and up to date and that all requirements and
procedures relating to Eligibility to Work in the UK, Safeguarding and DBS clearance has been followed. To act us counter signatory on behalf of the College for the purpose of DBS processes.
9. Work within the Human Resources department undertaking administrative,
reporting and ad hoc duties as required to ensure that the HR Departments remit is completed in an efficient, timely way and to a high standard. This may include but not limited to: drafting routine correspondence; minute taking; attending exit interview meetings; supporting the recruitment function and acting in an ad hoc HR advisory capacity and advising on policy and processes
10. To perform any other duties as may be reasonably requested by the Principal.
11. To participate in appraisal and professional development as appropriate.
12. To carry out their duties with due regard to the college’s policies on equal opportunities, health and safety and quality assurance.
This Job Description Is Subject To Negotiation With The Postholder, And To Annual Review
We recognise and encourage the potential of a diverse workforce and positively welcome applications from people from black and ethnic minority communities.
Please click "Apply" to be redirected to our website to complete your application process.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.