General Manager / Business Manager - Aquarium
Job Title: General Manager
Salary: £35,000 - £42,000
Job Type: Full time, working 5 days over 7 including regular weekend shifts and bank holidays allocated on a rota basis
Closing Date: Sunday 8th October 2017
Interview Date: Week commencing 9th October 2017
Situated directly on Bristol’s Harbourside, our Client takes visitors on a journey of underwater discovery through 40 living displays featuring over 300 aquatic species. Key features of the aquarium include the immense Sunken Shipwreck native species display and the underwater tunnel through the coral seas zone. They are also the UKs only aquarium with its own ‘Urban Jungle’ - a large botanical house home to an array of plant species.
About the Role
- We are now looking for an experienced General Manager with key focus on the strategic and operational leadership of their dynamic attraction. You will be responsible for delivering the continuous development of financial, brand, quality, and customer targets as set out in the overall company vision and strategy.
- Responsible for leading and developing your team in running the day to day operation of the attraction to ensure the highest operational standards, product excellence and guest interaction and engagement.
- You will establish yourself quickly with a high-profile role in local commerce and tourism bodies and the local community for the benefit of the business. In addition, you will promote public education and awareness in relation to conservation of biodiversity.
- This post is full time, working 5 days over 7 including regular weekend shifts and bank holidays allocated on a rota basis.
- Already experienced at senior level management within the leisure sector, you will be an excellent leader able to motivate and inspire a diverse team of people. You must be resourceful and insightful in seeking solutions.
- You will have the ability to manage demanding and changing priorities, have excellent attention to detail and financial skills with a proven ability to produce/manage budgets and business plans effectively. You will enjoy challenging situations and create a positive and innovative working atmosphere.
- It is essential you are passionate about our unique product and what we have to offer our guests.
Alongside annual salary range of £35,000 to £42,000 you will receive a benefits package that includes a pension plan, 33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays), healthcare and an annual pass into Aspro Parks worldwide.
Our Client is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
PLEASE NOTE: Our client will only be accepting applications with both CV and Cover Letter attached. Please do not apply if no cover letter is available. Your application letter should highlight why you would be able to fulfil this key role within the organisation, demonstrate clearly how you meet their requirements and must include a statement as to why you are interested in this position. Your covering letter WILL be used as a sifting mechanism so make sure it stands out from the crowd!
Please click the APPLY now button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; General Manager, Business Manager, Regional Manager, Aquarium Manager, Operations Manager, General Business Manager, Assistant Store Manager, Assistant Retail Manager, Assistant Floor Manager, Assistant Department Store Manager, Assistant Sales Manager, Assistant Customer Service Manager, Assistant Store Sales, Sales Team Leader, Assistant Retail Store Manager, Floor Manager, Store Supervisor, Team Leader, Leisure Supervisor, Customer Service Manager, Customer Service Team Leader, Store Manager, Office Manager, Sales Team Leader, Sales Supervisor, Assistant Manager, Office Coordinator may also be considered for this role.