Job Title Depot Manager
Salary £30,000 – 40,000 Plus Car Allowance & Bonus (Depending on experience)
This exciting opportunity is based at the Scunthorpe Depot of GBA Services, one of the UK’s largest European time critical transport providers. The successful candidate will have the skills to lead, motivate and manage staff based at this depot. You will be responsible for the depot's KPIs, customer development, Health and Safety and employee training.
• Manage the day to day running of the depot
• Full P&L Responsibilities
• To manage customers on a day to day basis
• To proactively seek new customers
• Continual Improvement of Health and Safety for the site and all employees
• Be prepared to work from other GBA locations when required
• To ensure that the Depot abides by current legislation and insurance criteria within the offices and grounds. (warehouse, garage etc)
• To manage, motivate and develop employees to maximise their potential. This will include performance appraisals and identifying training needs where appropriate.
• To achieve sales revenue and profitability targets set by the Senior Management team.
• Ensuring that all transport and warehousing operations are carried out in accordance with UK and European Union (EU) laws and regulations.
• To ensure that all staff adhere to GBA policies and procedures, and also have GBA systems as required.
• To organise staff rotas, monitor timekeeping, chair staff disciplinary & grievances through the company procedure and manage any competency issues.
• Coordinate with the Sales division to develop new customers and maintain excellent relationships with existing customer base.
• Advise on policy and strategic developments, examining business decisions (pricing policy, level of service provision) to assess their impact on customers.
• Set service level agreements and financial targets and where appropriate make recommendations on improvements and streamlining the processes.
Essential Skills & Qualifications: -
• You will be a CPC holder.
• You will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience at this type of role.
• You will have proven track record of management and leadership.
• You will have a IOSH certificate or other Health and Safety qualification
• Excellent communication skills, both Written and Orally
• Flexible can do attitude
• Excellent management skills
• Financially astute
• Good working Knowledge of Drivers hours and current regulations
• Good IT Skills including PowerPoint Word and Excel
• Worked on start-up operations
• Knowledge of warehouse operations (WMS)
• Long term career with a stable market leader
• Competitive Holiday Package
• Healthcare Plan
• Company Pension
• Childcare Vouchers
GBA is an international family run business which offers customers dedicated solutions. GBA is headquartered in Lancashire, UK with an extensive UK depot network and a European subsidiary based in Poland which allows us to combine worldwide coverage and an in-depth understanding of local requirements.