Are you an experienced LGV Driver looking to take on a new challenge? If so Viridor are recruiting and are looking for individuals just like you!
Viridor is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy.
This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and are one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. We use smart people and smart technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit an for our team in Plymouth; working 45 hours a week, Monday to Friday.
What will I be responsible for?
Joining our team as an LGV Driver, your responsibilities include:
- Learning all aspects of vehicle performance.
- Becoming fully conversant with the pre-determined routes you will be required to follow.
- Driving any vehicle which you have been trained to operate as directed.
- Ensuring that the uniform and PPE issued to you is worn.
- Ensuring the vehicle, you are operating is cleaned and washed weekly for inspection.
- Following all Risk Assessments, Safe Systems of Work, and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Presenting all paperwork to the Logistics Management Team daily.
- Assisting with implementation and maintenance of a Continuous Improvement Programme.
- Maintaining contact with the Logistics Team to give advanced notice of arrival at collection and delivery points.
- Contacting the Logistics Team of delays, or potential delays on any given journey.
- Advising Logistics Team if scheduled workload is likely to be unachievable.
- Ensuring all routes between facilities are followed accurately.
- Adhering to vehicle defect policy which extends to reporting of suspected defects.
- Ensuring the trailer (or tipper body) is swept out regularly as per Viridor procedure.
- Carrying driving licence and digital driver card at all times.
The ideal LGV Driver will be:
- Self-motivated and flexible.
- Receptive to change.
- Full LGV Class I License.
- Experience of driving commercial vehicles within a waste industry environment
In return for your hard work as an LGV Driver, we can offer a salary of £25,000 per annum plus excellent benefits, pension scheme and plenty of opportunity for personal development working within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable.
If you are looking for your next challenge as an LGV Driver then Viridor want to hear from you, please click APPLY to view the full role profile!
Closing Date: 2nd October 2017
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.