Group Safety & Quality Manager
Group Safety & Quality Manager
Aldridge, West Midlands (office/field based, with travel to other company sites)
Up to £35,000 DOE
If you are a NEBOSH qualified safety professional from an engineering or manufacturing background, this is an amazing opportunity to take on a fresh, new challenge with a leading family-run business.
With outstanding customer service and extensive technical knowledge, our client has become one of the nation’s leading steel and aluminium stockholders. Their group manufactures fabrications for the piling market and supplies a range of steel tubes and laser cut tubular components, building and roofing materials.
Now, our client is looking for a Group Safety & Quality Manager to join their team.
Within a forward-thinking and engaging environment, you will have the chance to enhance your skill-set and play a vital role in the day-to-day running of the business.
As the Group Safety & Quality Manager, you will ensure that our client complies with H&S requirements and all activities are carried out to the highest standard.
Working with the Operations Director, you’ll perform risk assessments and investigate any dangerous occurrences or accidents. You will research best practice and current legislation and recommend ways to improve existing operations.
As part of your role, you’ll be required to travel to our client’s other sites.
Additionally, your duties will involve:
- Writing standard operating procedures to ensure compliance with ISO 9001 and health and safety legislation requirements
- Investigating any customer complaints and identifying the root cause of quality-related issues
- Attending process improvement meetings
- Planning and conducting toolbox talks and training events
- Reporting on the effectiveness of quality and safety management systems
To be considered for this role, you will need:
- A NEBOSH general certificate, ideally a NEBOSH diploma
- A full, valid driving licence
Experience of the following is also essential:
- Managing safety in an engineering or manufacturing business, ideally using a safety management system that complies with OHSAS 18001 or a similar standard
- Managing quality in an engineering or manufacturing business
- Using root cause analysis to ensure that effective corrective action is taken in response to accidents, dangerous occurrences, and quality nonconformities
- Conducting risk assessments and drafting safe operating procedures
As the Group Safety & Quality Manager, you’ll be highly organised and able to manage multiple projects at any one time. Analytical and proactive, you’ll also be a confident communicator with great collaboration skills.
To apply for the role of Group Safety & Quality Manager, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Group Safety & Quality Manager, SHEQ Manager, Safety & Quality Manager, Quality Manager, HSE Manager, QSHE Manager, Engineering Safety Manager, Manufacturing Safety Manager, Health & Safety Manager, Senior Health & Safety Advisor, H&S.
Working hours: 8:30 – 16:30