Industrial Project Manager (Manufacturing)
This is a great opportunity for a Project Manager with 5-10 years in an industrial / heavy plant environment who has a strong mathematical and electrical or mechanical engineering bias.
Working within a plant based environment, you will work on a number of complex and rewarding projects that require innovation, problem-solving, thorough project management and with a focus on energy efficiency and environmental considerations.
- Plan, regulate and monitor energy use in the business. Improve energy efficiency by evaluating energy use and implementing new policies and changes where necessary.
- Encouraging the use of renewable/sustainable energy resources within the business
- Support the development of energy management and sustainability strategies within the business
- Identification of project opportunities using innovative ideas
- Management of multi-discipline teams both internal employees and external contractor teams to deliver project objectives effectively
- Effective communication and implementation of Group / site safety policies and procedures
- Responsible to implement and ensure compliance of safe working practices and procedures
- Selection of suitable subcontractors and contractors ensuring they have sufficient skills, competencies and knowledge.
- Ensure CDM 2007 /2015 Regulations are applied to projects when required and are managed accordingly.
- Cross functional support – liaise with Engineering, procurement, planning, finance and other strategic stakeholders
- Liaising with and providing technical support to mechanical and electrical design engineers on new and refurbishment projects regarding energy and water conservation
- Developing the data collection, monitoring and target setting of energy & fuel data; benchmarking energy consumptions against best practice
- Monitoring and reviewing the effectiveness of energy & water use strategies, including the coordination of regular progress reports
- Supporting Divisional energy & water use initiatives and projects, notably as the UK Manager for Divisional energy projects, and attending meetings as necessary
- Developing, coordinating, and implementing the aims and objectives of the business energy & water policy in accordance with the international standard ISO 50001
- Degree educated with strong mathematical ability.
- Preference for degree in a related Energy subject or Mechanical/Electrical engineering degree or relevant qualification
- Strong and demonstrable project management skills within an industrial / heavy plant environment preferably with relevant Project Management qualifications / training
- Strong analysis skills with a flair for data management
- IEMA Qualified Auditor
- Evidence of experience project managing CAPEX projects providing thermal and electricity savings
- Experience of compliance relating to energy regulations and manufacturing operations
- Excellent communication skills, team player and able to build good working relationships
- MS Software literates including MS Project
- ISO based systems implementation and auditing
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally once or twice a month
- The position is offered on a fixed term 18 month interim contract. Opportunities do exist for the successful role holder to apply internally for permanent positions should they arise.
- Competitive salary and benefits package offered
Job Type: Contract