Technical Engineer - Containment SME
• University Degree or equivalent in Engineering (process, chemical or mechanical engineering)
• Experience and proven technical and leadership skills managing the design, delivery and support of complex engineering systems and/or production or new product introduction within Pharmaceutical or FMCG industries
• A proven understanding of pharmaceutical or FMCG processing, EHS and cGMPs; validation.
• Can interpret Occupational Exposure Limits and Safety Data and the design of appropriate Engineering and/or Administrative measures that ensure the control occupational health risks associated with exposure to chemical agents are compliant with GSK and Local Statutory Limits and Quality requirements
• Technical experience of the critical links between business process, data, validation, and systems.
• Demonstrated capability to lead teams across multiple sites, e.g. for management or project delivery.
• Knowledge and experience to understand the links and identification / management of risks between the Business, Technical, Quality, Operational and Support aspects of program delivery
• Commercial acumen in equipment procurement and engineering service engagement.
• Experience and knowledge of project and system life cycles.
• Degree or equivalent in process, chemical or mechanical engineering
• Site or regional leadership experience
• Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing experience; Black Belt or Green Belt desirable
GSK have a challenging and inspiring mission: to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
As a Technical Engineer for Containment you will provide support and direction to the 70 Global Manufacturing & Supply (GMS) sites ensuring they have robust and compliant containment solutions for the control of chemical exposure.
Scope includes design, delivery and lifecycle support of GMS facilities in liaison with Site EHS departments and Project and Operational Engineering Teams. In addition, you will provide expert input to support investment proposal during Front End Design and execution with Global Capital Projects (GCP).
• Provides engineering and technical direction, input, support & advice to GMS (Procurement, Technical, GCP and Site Engineering teams), regarding primary and secondary containment for processes, facilities, utilities and equipment at GMS factories, supporting their work with contractors and suppliers.
• Provides a containment problem solving service to GMS Sites, influences the design, selection, and integration of vendor's equipment, and systems, with facilities requirements ensuring that our Technical and Mandatory Engineering standard are embedded.
• Promotes and collaborates with the development and implementation of Standards for equipment, facilities and Ways of Working ensuring containment compliance, reliable performance and cost effectiveness are balanced.
• Supports the development of internal and external capability to match the business requirements for Containment Engineering support and intervention.
• Works with 3rd parties including part of commercial negotiations and technical developments and clarifications.
• Build and maintain a strong business and technical link with leads in GMS Sites, other GMS central Engineering and EHS teams and other functions (Quality, Occupational Hygiene, Procurement etc) and with external bodies such as ISPE to maintain currency of technical know-how.
• Uses problem solving and root cause analysis methods to reveal problems and support the definition of appropriate solution specifications and corrective actions.
• Develops and challenges investment plans and strategies aligned to area of expertise:
• Anticipate potential loss of containment risks within engineering scope or business proposal, based on knowledge of the process or equipment technology.
• Provide strategic advice in acquisitions, due diligence, business integration, and site development to reduce the risk associated with the equipment that GMS acquires.
What's on offer?
At GSK we are inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. We hold ourselves and each other accountable for maintaining an environment that supports the safe operation of our facilities and the well-being of the people who make, test, pack and ship our products. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
• Competitive Salary
• An on Target Bonus (competitive) - your annual bonus is calculated based on you individual performance and the high level results of your business area.
• 26-days paid personal holiday plus eight paid public holidays.
• Health & Life - you will be entitled to personal healthcare, with the option to purchase family cover
• GSK Pension Plan - You automatically become a member of the GSK pension plan when you join GSK, a pension account is opened in your name and GSK contributes a core amount of 7%
• Shares & Savings - GSK helps you save for the future by offering you a range of tax-efficient savings and share plans.
• Total Reward Discounts - A range of discounted products and services, including flights and holidays, gym memberships and many more.
• Tax Free Plans - These plans allow you to give up part of your salary in exchange for a bike, health assessment, extra holiday and / or childcare payments.
• Health MOT - you will be invited to have a health MOT once every two years. The health MOT is a free and confidential brief health check carried out by a qualified professional.
Please note this role is based in GSK House, Brentford - Travel will be required.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact . This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Closing date for applications: COB - 28th September 2017
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.