Further & Higher Education Marketing Manager
Are you looking for an opportunity to combine your creative flare with your strong marketing acumen? We have a new opportunity for an experienced marketing manager to join the Capita Further & Higher Education (FHE) and Libraries sales and marketing team.
As a leading supplier of software and services to the education and libraries sectors, Capita is renowned for its success in helping institutions across the UK deliver high quality, cost efficient services leading to an enhanced student and end user experience. This exciting role offers the right candidate the opportunity to create and deliver innovative product campaigns that will have a significant impact on the business.
Reporting to the FHE/Libraries Sales and Marketing Director, you will develop and drive the marketing strategy and lead the delivery of all marketing activities to achieve the sales growth objectives of the FHE/Libraries businesses. Responsibilities including but not limited to driving campaigns, lead generation, PR, digital communications. You also enjoy the challenge of working across multi-disciplined teams and will be confident in leading and influencing others, including at senior levels.
Responsible for the delivery of all marketing activity for the FHE and Libraries sectors you will plan, create and implement successful communications and campaign strategies to maximise sales of products and services.
You will work closely with the FHE/Libraries Sales & Marketing Director, Senior Communications Executives and the shared ESS marketing, product and sales teams to develop and lead innovative and sustainable strategies that build brand awareness and customer loyalty. You will also combine your marketing knowledge with your ability to analyse performance of activity to shape future plans and influence stakeholders.
You will develop and manage an agile and responsive marketing function to both drive further success in the existing well established FE market, whilst also launching a completely new business in the HE sector to establish Capita as a leading provider of solutions for Universities.
Planning and control
Produce detailed marketing activity plans for your sector(s), working closely with the FHE and Libraries Sales & Marketing Director, sales and product teams. Develop and execute strategic and tactical plans which support lead generation and drive achievement of the annual revenue growth targets.
- Maintain a good understanding of the industry and competitor activity and use this knowledge to develop appropriate brand positioning and product campaigns.
- Analyse the impact of all activities and prepare appropriate reporting to track outcomes and ROI. Effectively communicate the outcomes of activities to stakeholders and communicate recommendations for future plans.
- Develop, manage and report on budget allocation within agreed annual spend levels.
- Work with other members of the marketing team to share best practice and ensure consistency of message and deliverables in line with a single 'Capita' voice.
- Manage and deliver multiple campaigns across diverse channels, ensuring they are delivered on time and within budget and provide maximum ROI.
- Brief and manage projects with a range of internal teams or, when necessary, external agencies to produce high quality, compelling materials.
- Line management and development of the Senior Communications Executive to ensure effective communications, compelling content and PR activities, in support of the overall marketing strategy.
- Work closely with the shared events team to plan and deliver an effective events strategy to meet the business objectives and deliver supporting campaign and content strategies.
- Use your market and customer knowledge to identify new opportunities that will deliver improved lead generation, customer satisfaction, and acquisition.
- Organise and deliver presentations on recent activities and future plans to a variety of audiences and senior stakeholders.
- Good experience in the line management of a marketing function in a B2B environment.
- Expertise across the full marketing mix including digital, social, PR, direct etc.
- Previous experience of market making - having established a new start up business.
- Strong leadership, communication and influencing skills.
- Ability to work well in multi-disciplined / cross-functional teams.
- Self-disciplined with the ability to manage and prioritise multiple projects.
- Clean driving licence.
Follow Capita on
Follow Capita on
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.