Christmas Casuals - Bristol City Delivery Office
We are currently looking for Christmas Casuals - Bristol City Delivery Office - Unit 19 Easton Road
About the job
Christmas Processing Post Person
The Christmas period is naturally a very busy time of year for Royal Mail. To help us handle the increased volumes of mail we require casual workers to sort mail in our mail centres with start dates between mid-November through to mid-December. As the face of Royal Mail you will work as part of a team ensuring we continue to deliver the high standards of service our customers expect.
In the mail centre you will cover various indoor roles in a warehouse environment, you could be unloading mail from vans, moving large volumes of mail around in trolleys, sorting parcels and letters manually or operating machinery. It is a fast paced environment and you'll be working to efficient methods to meet our business performance targets. A mail centre can process over a million items in a shift and you'll be a valuable part of making that happen.
We are an inclusive employer and welcome applications from people from all different backgrounds, beliefs and circumstances.
As a Mail Centre postwoman or postman, you will need to be flexible and adaptable, changing from one role to another to move the work quickly along the processing chain.
- If you are currently registered with Angard for work with Royal Mail you do not need to apply as you will be considered for Christmas Casual work through the agency. Please contact your Angard representative via the website
- Shifts will be allocated on a first come first serve basis at the Registration Events so we advise that you book early to avoid disappointment. For popular locations there will be an option to be added to a waiting list
- If you are under 18 you are not legally allowed to work night shifts
Mon - Sat 06.00 - 22.00 GBP8.55
Mon - Fri 22.00 - 06.00 GBP9.80
Sun - 06.00 - 22.00 GBP9.80
Sat & Sun - 22.00 - 06.00 GBP10.30
You'll need to be:
- Punctual and reliable
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Accurate and have attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable as you are likely to undertake several different tasks in one shift
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to push trolleys weighing up to 250kg
DURING THE APPLICATION YOU WILL BE ASKED FOR YOUR SHIFT PREFERENCE, THE OPTIONS WILL BE EARLIES, LATES, NIGHTS OR WEEKENDS. HOWEVER, ONLY SHIFTS DETAILED BELOW WILL BE AVAILABLE AT THIS SITE. IF YOU SELECT AN UNAVAILABLE SHIFT FOR THIS SITE YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE PROGRESSED
LATES 15:00 - 19:30
If you are selected to attend a registration event you will have an opportunity to discuss your shift time preference. Most locations work across 7 day week, 24 hour shifts. The shift times are subject to change based on mail volume forecasts. Part time shifts may be available.
At Royal Mail we embrace equality and diversity and are proud to employ a rich and diverse workforce. We encourage and welcome applications from all backgrounds and all parts of the community, particularly women and people from ethnic minorities who are currently under-represented. We are positive about disability and developing a disability friendly workplace. All applications are judged on merit.