IT Security Analyst
IT Security Analyst
My client, a service provider based in Bristol are actively looking for a contract IT Security analyst on an initial 3 month contract. This is a really interesting opportunity to be part of a team, as they transition across to the cloud.
- Be primary team point of contact for monitoring and co-ordinating security related requests, approvals and incidents received through team mailbox, IT ticketing system or team members or directly;
- Undertaking and developing daily IT security checks;
- Preparing Information Security metrics for performance measurement and reporting;
- Contributing towards Information Security Forum meetings;
- Liaising with third party suppliers.
- Supporting the engagement and on-going relationship of vendors of Information Security Supporting the development, operation and management of technical security controls including;-
- content control and malware protection
- network security including firewalls and IDS
- security event and log management
- security incident response
- vulnerability and patch management
- Providing appropriate escalation of security vulnerabilities and trends identified from security incidents.
- Providing input into our monitoring capabilities, collating results, making appropriate recommendations and tracking progress of remediation activities.
- Supporting security exception processes, such as privileged access requests.
- Contributing to the requirements analysis and subsequent design, testing and implementation of security controls.
- Participating in change control management, reviewing and approving software patch or security updates, in association with other IT support teams.
- Providing Information security support to team, projects etc. as required and directed by the IT Security Consultant.
- A knowledge and understanding of Microsoft and McAfee technologies in a networked, enterprise environment.
- Familiarity with ISO27001 and ISO27002 controls.
- Experience of reviewing or auditing the effectiveness of technical and operational security controls.
- Experience in working with an IT environment using ITIL-based service management processes.
- Management of Log Logic or similar SEM solutions.
- Experience of configuring and supporting firewall and intrusion detection technologies.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (advantageous.)
- ITIL v3 Foundation.