Contract Type: Permanent
Job Elements: -
• Designs, develops and enhances PCB’s and electrical subsystems
• Leads engineering projects to deal with component obsolescence – from alternative components to full PCB redesign
• Designs and develops tooling, testing, training, etc. appropriate to the product and technologies being produced.
• Investigates and debugs manufacturing, field service and customer problems and drives engineering solutions to improve or correct product or process issues.
• Works with suppliers to qualify components, troubleshoot issues, and assist in outside testing services for regulatory compliance.
• Writes ECN's to document and communicate engineering changes throughout the organization, and coordinates implementation for smooth transitions of changes throughout manufacturing operations.
• Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods, processes and procedures.
• Interacts with vendors and purchasing to resolve current and future product materials and parts, and evaluates potential vendors for capability, processes and quality standards.
The ideal candidate will have
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Physics
• Ten years of related knowledge and experience.
• Hands on engineer with good communication (written and oral) skills and likes to solve problems and work issues on the production floor as well as in the engineering lab
• Demonstrated understanding of electro-mechanical systems and their control including op amps, sensors, encoders, motor drives, serial buses, microprocessors, and programmable logic
• Demonstrated understanding of electronic test methodologies, understanding of design for manufacturing, design for test, and design for reliability
• Demonstrated Project and task management skills
• Familiarity with C++, and Microsoft tools
• Knowledge of ISO and FDA regulated environments is advantageous.
Petrie Recruitment Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.