CNC Turning Centre Programmer & Operator / CNC Milling Programmer & Operator
Gibson Technology is an established and world renowned leader in the design, development and manufacture of high performance racing engines and racing systems.
As part of our continuing expansion program we have the following opportunities to work within our prestigious engineering facility at our Repton site in Derbyshire.
We are looking for skilled and talented individuals who are time served and hold high level NVQ or equivalent certificates to join our manufacturing department, becoming integral members of our team producing high precision components.
CNC Turning Centre Programmer & Operator
CNC Milling Programmer & Operator
Role and responsibilities
- Machine to high standards of quality and precision.
- Set up tooling and fixturing and execute part programs.
- Manage the programming of updates and new components.
- Support design and production engineering on the deployment of methodologies.
- Apply a continuous improvement approach.
- Carry out in-process inspection to include cmm operation.
- Re-enforce the department's positive approach to knowledge sharing and supporting apprentices.
Skill set required
- Solid background in precision machining.
- Experienced in using multi axis CNC machine tools, DMG Mori Seiki an advantage.
- Competence and familiarity of programming with Fanuc control systems.
- Capable of manufacturing highly detailed components.
- Sound understanding of materials and modern cutting methods.
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- High levels of motivation and a flexible approach in terms of working hours.
- Ability to positively interact with design and build departments to overcome engineering challenges.
This is an excellent opportunity for a professional person who is highly motivated and can adopt a flexible approach to problem solving within a team environment.
In return we offer a competitive salary, plus benefits including Private Medical Insurance and Pension.
To apply please quote ref HR2017-M02 & send your CV by clicking apply