Development Engineer / Design Engineer / Mechanical Engineer
Job Title: Development Engineer
Our client is the leading provider of product identification solutions in a wide range of industries including food, beverage, pharmaceutical, personal care, electronics, chemical, and aerospace. They are committed to helping customers deliver their operational objectives, and place them at the core of everything they do.
They are currently seeking a Development Engineer to join their team in Huntingdon, United Kingdom.
The candidate will work closely with the rest of the design team as well as within a wider cross-functional R&D team in order to:
- Assist in the development of next-generation industrial ink-jet printing products.
- Improve the quality and reliability of new product launches through teamwork to investigate any issues and resolve but also identify opportunities in a proactive manner.
- Increase the overall productivity of the team, working in a fast-paced development environment, reducing time-to-market.
- Be prepared to travel for a short period, (2 weeks max), to other Videojet sites globally such as China and the US may sometimes be required in the long term.
- Gain and maintain familiarity with the portfolio of existing and forthcoming products.
- Participate in concept generation of new products
- Support in 3D modelling of concepts and prototype activities
- Generate 2D detail drawing of parts and assemblies, including Bill of Materials
- Hands-on work, including inspection of pars and assembly / testing. Also if qualified, help in machine shop (CNS, Milling, etc).
- Participate in problem solving (using theory and practical means)
- Theoretical analysis of designs as and when needed.
- Participate, and provide support during technical reviews, feasibility studies and project reviews as appropriate.
- Produce documentation where required in support of any tests/ investigations.
- Mechanical Engineering (or other similar Engineering / Technical Degree)
- Min of 1 year of experience in workplace (preferable).
- Understanding of Basic Engineering principles and good theoretical knowledge of engineering subjects
- Basic understanding of Computer Aided Design 3D and 2D, (preferably Solid Works CAD)
- Pro-active attitude and an enthusiasm to be a team-player in a pressured but highly productive environment with ability to help/work on multiple projects.
- Ability to do hands on assembly and test work related to design verification with good problem solving capabilities.
- Some basic knowledge of reliability and an understanding of how they apply to the design and development process.
- Ability to express technical matters adequately, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to learn fast and develop within the Engineering team with guidance and mentoring from the senior members.
- Basic competency with typical 'office' applications (word processors, spreadsheets etc.).
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal including the ability to disseminate ideas and information in an open, crisp and coherent manner to peers and management.
WHY this company?
- Our client is a global organization of more than 3,200 professionals, dedicated to serving our customers through teamwork, cooperation, innovation and the continuous pursuit of excellence in all business.
- They offer a wide range of exciting career opportunities for those who seek a challenging, fast-paced, results-oriented environment where personal contributions are recognized and rewarded.
- You'll learn and become highly skilled in the powerful Business System. You'll have the opportunity to work with a premier management team that takes the professional development of company associates very seriously. You'll find that our client's broad range of products and services makes it possible for them to offer a variety of meaningful, challenging career opportunities working in their diverse business groups.
The company is an equal opportunity employer. They evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Development Engineer, Design Development Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Design Engineer, Product Design Engineer, Product Designer, Product Development, CAD, Design Improvement Engineer, AutoCAD Engineer, Solid Works Engineer, AutoCAD Designer, CAD Designer, AutoCAD Technician, Design Technician, Continuous Improvement Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Implementation Engineer will also be considered for this role